T W E N T Y E I G H T

A N G E L 💓

A N G E L 💓

We were still eating breakfast in the kitchen. Marcus chose to sit on Manny's lap, while Aleah chose to sit next to Manny. I'm tempted to get up and push her out of the chair. I kept a smile on my face to show that I am unconcerned about her presence.

Manny began to feed Marcus some of his food. I'm not going to lie, seeing Manny take care of his son is adorable because he appears to be a wonderful father. Celina placed a plate of food in front of Aleah, who had a huge smile on her face.

"I'm so glad you were able to join us for breakfast." Celina stated as she sat back in her chair.

"Now, Ms. Celina, you know I wouldn't miss breakfast for anything. Marcus, on the other hand, had been dying to come over here to see you guys, but most importantly, his father."Aleah said with a smile to Manny and Marcus.

"Did you miss your padre, Marcus?" Celina smiled as she asked Marcus.

Marcus giggled as he covered his face. "Yes, I miss daddy more than the whole wide world."

Manny laughed and tickled Marcus's stomach. "I miss you even more, baby boy."

Spooky gave Marcus a wide-eyed stare. "Man, he was so small the last time I saw him. He's grown up now. It seems like time is speeding up."

"I know right. I despise seeing my little pooh bear mature, but he must have matured a little too much because he forgot to give me a hug." Camila pretended to cry in order to get Marcus' attention.

Marcus leapt from Manny's lap and dashed over to hug Camila. "I sorry, tía. Don't cry."

Carlos extended his arms so Marcus could embrace him. "You forgot to show love me as well, buddy."

Marcus smiled and hugged Carlos tightly. He dashed back to Manny and sat in his lap after all of the hugging. Miguel was giving everyone the side eye, so we were trying to figure out what was bothering him.

"Miguel, what's the matter with you?" Celina inquired, her face befuddled.

Miguel directed his finger at Marcus. "Lil homie forgot to show me some love. Can I get some love too? I'm feeling very left out."

Marcus began to curl up in Manny's lap. "You look scary."

Miguel's face betrayed his embarrassment. Aleah smiled at Marcus, covering her mouth because she didn't want her food to fly out.

"Marcus don't say that. He doesn't appear to be scary. He's a relative of yours. Because he's been gone for a while baby, you've never seen him enough." Aleah rubbed his cheek with her thumb.