F O R T Y T W O

"Hey mama

"Hey mama."

When I turned around, Manny was standing there with a bundle of red roses in his hand. Because I wasn't expecting him to be here and because I didn't want him to see Trevante, my eye expanded. I leaped off of Trevante and began to scan everybody faces. Everyone was perplexedly staring at us.

After clearing her throat, Rubi started to herd everyone inside. "Okay, everyone, let's return inside and listen to some music, shall we?"

After everyone entered inside. Trevante, Manny, and I were the only people outside. Manny was giving me and Trevante a serious look.

"Hey Manny." I muttered fearfully.

Manny approached me, grabbed my waist, and kissed me on the cheek. "You look stunning, mama."

I started fiddling with my fingers. "I appreciate it, but why have you arrived so late? I expected you to arrive on time. I honestly thought you weren't going to show up."

Manny let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, Mama. I had to get some things in order before coming here, but I'm now here. That is all that is important."

Trevante burst out laughing, and Manny gave him a mean mug. I really hope these two maintain their cool because it's my day and I don't have time to break up fights.

"What's so fucking funny? What joke did I overlook?" Manny said while fixating on Trevante.

Trevante kept laughing. "You're the joke nigga. That was the best excuse you could think of? Just say you didn't want to come to her support."

Manny directed his finger at me. "Right now, me and my ole lady are talking, so I'm trying to figure out why the hell you're interfering in a conversation that has nothing to do with your bitch ass."

Trevante laughed again. "Yo ole lady? You're not treating her as if she's yo ole lady. Always putting business in front of woman is sad as fuck."

Manny laughed. "Now both of us know you shouldn't be talking. Didn't you fuck someone behind her back while you were almost paralyzed in the hospital, the last time I checked?"

Trevante became enraged and ran towards Manny when he said that. But I got in between them before he could touch Manny. I'm hoping they don't run over my little behind.

I continued to keep them apart from one another. "Please put an end to the argument. Literally, you guys are ruining my birthday."

Trevante gently took hold of my hand. "I'm not the one ruining it, It's that bitch ass nigga."

Manny started smirking as he circled the Jeep.

"I assume he purchased this for you, Angel?" Manny said as he carried on walking around the Jeep.

I let out a sigh. Trevante stepped in before I could even finish my sentence. "Hell yeah, I purchased this shit for her. I know my gift way more betta than those raggedy ass roses you bought her like come on now nigga be for real."