F O R T Y O N E

I was in the mall at the time, looking for a dress for whatever Trevante and Rubi had planned

I was in the mall at the time, looking for a dress for whatever Trevante and Rubi had planned. I notice that both of them told me to look good, so I'm going to do just that. I entered this expensive clothing store to hunt for a birthday dress. I searched for a good minute and was still unsuccessful. I'm really hoping that this birthday dress turns out nice and unique. While I was staring, the elderly black woman who was behind the counter walked over to me and grinned.

"Do you require assistance, my love? It appears that you are having trouble locating something you like." elderly woman questioned.

I chuckled. "Yes, I genuinely need assistance finding a dress. I'm trying to find something unique and distinctive that will stick out."

The elderly woman shook her head and started assisting me in my dress-hunt. She produced a few dresses, but they were unattractive and not for me. A few minutes later, she produced this truly stunning garment. The dress fits me perfectly and complements my skin tone. I seized her dress and gave her a bear hug. I'm really grateful that she was able to assist me because if not, I would have spent the entire day seeking for something.

"I appreciate you assisting me so much. My hero is you." I remarked as I pulled away from the hug.

She laughed softly. "You welcome sweetie pie. You are eerily similar to my granddaughter. When she can't find something she likes, she'll sit in the store all day until she does."

I burst out laughing. "Me and your granddaughter could be best friends because I swear I'd be in here all day losing my mind looking for a dress."

She smiled and walked over to the cash register. "I know, sweetie, but I'm glad I could assist you. I don't want you to go crazy on me, but let's get you ringed up."

I nodded and trailed after her. She took a seat behind the counter, and I handed her the dress so she could ring it up. The price of the dress is 3,000 when she scans it. I was about to pay for it when I noticed she had reduced the price to $1,000.

In shock, I looked at the elderly lady. "You do realize you didn't have to do that, right?

She smiled. "Yes, but I understand that today is a special day for you."

I, too, smiled. "Yes, it is my birthday today."

The woman smiled even more broadly. "Sweetie pie, happy birthday. This is my birthday present for you. Please make every effort to enjoy your birthday as much as possible."

I grinned widely. "Thank you so much. I truly appreciate you doing this. I'll make sure to have a great birthday just for you."

She blew me a kiss. "You're welcome, sweetie pie; now get ready for whatever you've got planned. You don't want to be trendy late."

I paid for my dress while she placed it in a lovely nice bag. After I paid for my dress, I took it from her and waved goodbye. Now it's time for me to do my hair and makeup. I decided to book a personal hairstylist and make-up artist to come to my house and do everything for me because I didn't want to spend the entire day in the mall. I exited the store and made my way outside to my car.