T H I R T Y N I N E

Me, Spooky, and Rubi were on our way to Manny's warehouse to wash his money

Me, Spooky, and Rubi were on our way to Manny's warehouse to wash his money. I'm furious that we have to do this because I know it'll take forever to wash all of that cash, and I'm even more furious that he prefers that I wash the cash instead of us chilling together.

I was looking out the window while Rubi and Spooky were conversing. It suddenly became quiet, and I noticed Spooky and Rubi staring at me with a worried expression on their faces. I rolled my eyes because I knew they were going to ask what was wrong, and I didn't want to tell them because they make everything a joke.

"What's the matter with you, sister-in-law? You appear to be upset back there." Spooky laughed.

I gave Spooky a sidelong glance before returning my gaze to the window. "It's unimportant. All you have to do is keep your eyes on the road."

Spooky laughed and returned his attention to the road. Rubi was still looking at me with that concerned expression on her face. I can already tell she's going to irritate me if I don't say what's on my mind.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, girl? Are you upset that Manny thrashed Nau'Jour?" Rubi inquired.

Spooky gave Rubi a puzzled expression. "Who did Manny beat up?"

Rubi burst out laughing. "The ex-boyfriend of Angel. He came to the house yesterday, attempting to reclaim her, and your home boy was not pleased. Manny, according to Angel, beat the hell out of him. I had no idea your boy was so envious."

Spooky laughed. "I see Manny kept this from me. That's some insane shit. I knew Manny was crazy, but not that crazy about no girl."

"First and foremost, that is not why I am upset; rather, I am relieved that Nau'Jour received that good ass whopping he deserved, and second, I am enraged by Manny's refusal to spend time with me. He preached that he loved me and wanted to be with me while we were in Mexico, but once we returned, it was all about work, as if that was all he cared about. When it comes to spending time with your girl, why can't Manny be like you Spooky?" While pouting, I said to them.

Spooky simply shrugged. "You have to understand that he is the sole proprietor of this business. Everything could be jeopardized if he makes one mistake. He's trying to keep everything on track and ensure that it stays that way."

I scowled and shrugged my shoulders. "He should have considered that before telling me he loves me and wants to be with me. He'll be furious if I attract the attention of someone else."

Spooky burst out laughing. "He's already furious because Trevante got half of your attention."

I burst out laughing. "I'm guessing he told you about me and Trevante going out for brunch huh?"

Spooky looked at me with a "duh" expression on his face. "Of course, he was mad as hell. He wanted to strangle both of you. I guess he dislikes it when another man attracts his girl's attention."