F I F T E E N

A N G E L 💗

A N G E L 💗

I was sleeping soundly until something jolted my body awake. I ignored it because I assumed I was hallucinating. The second time, however, the tremor felt quite genuine, and I awoke to find Rubi hovering over me. I massaged my eyes to get a better view of Rubi.

She had a troubled expression on her face. "Right now, you need to come downstairs."

I leapt to my feet so swiftly. "What the hell is going on? Right now, you're terrifying me."

She yanked me from my bed. "Come on, let's go. Come downstairs in your pajamas to see what's going on."

I changed into my pajamas and pulled my hair back into a haphazard ponytail because it was all over the place. My heart felt like it had dropped all the way to my feet as I headed downstairs. At the bottom of the steps, I spotted my mother. She appeared enraged, which I can understand given that I hadn't spoken to her in a few days.

 She appeared enraged, which I can understand given that I hadn't spoken to her in a few days

A N G E L A W H I T E 💓

I proceeded down the final flight of steps, and we both stared at each other for a few moments. I'm at a loss for words because I wasn't expecting her to show up. I should've expected this day to arrive sooner or later.

I started tinkering with my fingertips. "Hey, mommy." In hushed tones, I said.

She motioned with her hand for me to zip it up. "Don't you hey mommy me. I've been calling for you for days and you haven't returned any of my calls. I sent Rubi here to check on you, but neither of you attempted to call me and tell me what was going on. I've been concerned about you for a long time."

I let out a sigh. "I've been very busy doing things okay, Mom. That is why I was unable to contact you."

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Busy doing what? Your school contacted me to inform me that you have not completed any of your online assignments. You'd better tell me what's going on, Angel. It's not like you to abandon your studies."