T H I R T Y S E V E N

Right now, Rubi and I were standing outside, staring at Detective Turner

Right now, Rubi and I were standing outside, staring at Detective Turner. I'm curious about what he's about to ask her. I know her stomach hurts because mine does right now. Detective Turner continued to smile at Rubi, who was looking at him with a mean mug. I'm hoping she doesn't say anything stupid to this guy.

"What were you doing last night at the police station?" He inquired.

Rubi and I exchanged shaken glances. Every officer and detective at the police station must have noticed Manny's information missing from the evidence room, and they must have checked the cameras and noticed Rubi was the last one there.

He doesn't really have anything on her because they don't have proof that she went inside. She was outside the building the entire time, and they most likely don't have anything on me because it was pitch black outside, and I was dressed in all black so they couldn't see me.

Rubi crossed her arms with a scowl on her face. "I was there because my car was acting up and I needed someone to look at it because I don't know how. Why do you even ask?"

With his hand in his pocket, the detective began rocking back and forth. "It's just funny how Manny's information vanished at the same time you pulled up to the police station. That's just insane to me."

Rubi laughed. "Well, that's funny because I didn't take them. I was standing outside my car while the officers checked it for me, so what else do you want to know?"

The detective exhaled a sigh. I know he sighed because he can't get any information from us, so I know he's frustrated right now. He looked at us for a split second before smiling.

"No, I don't have any more questions. I'll see you later, lovely ladies. Have a good day." He gave us a wave and walked away.

Both Rubi and I expelled air from our mouths. We were overjoyed when he left. I just hope he doesn't keep showing up at my house and interrogating me. If he doesn't leave me alone, I'm about to file a restraining order against his ass. He only wants us to fold and tell on Manny, which I'm not about to do.

Rubi had a scared expression on her face when she looked at me. "Girl, I was trying to play hard, but he scared the shit out of me. I swear on everything, I don't want to go to jail."

To console her, I placed my hands on her shoulders. "You're not going to jail. He doesn't even have proof that you stole Manny's information."

She shook her head and then gave me a sneering look. "Oh yeah, bitch, where are you going for breakfast? I want to come with you."

How did she find out I was going out for breakfast? Manny had to be talking shit about me. I really don't want to tell her why I'm going out because Rubi is already doing too much. Plus, if I tell her I'm going to see Trevante, she's going to freak out. I patted her on the shoulder and started walking towards the car.