F O R T Y F O U R

Alexis started fiddling with her fingers

Alexis started fiddling with her fingers. "I've got to tell you something, Tre."

Trevante returned my gaze, then turned to face Alexis. I could tell he was getting irritated because he was trying so hard not to irritate me, but I was already irritated. I just want to know why she's here and what she's got to tell him.

Trevante let out a sigh. "Alexis, this isn't a good time. Whatever it was you wanted to say to me. You could have texted the shit to me. You can't just show up at my crib without informing ah nigga first."

Alexis appeared to be about to cry. "I understand, and I apologize. I should've texted you first, but I felt it was more appropriate to tell you in person."

I chuckled slightly. "Tre, I'll see you later. I'll leave you two alone to talk about whatever she has to say."

I started gathering my belongings and was about to leave when Trevante grabbed my arm and stopped me dead in my tracks.

Trevante had a solemn expression on his face. "Man, sit down and give me a minute to handle her."

I rolled my eyes and sat back in the couch, waiting for him to deal with Alexis.

Trevante shifted his gaze to Alexis. "Listen, whatever you have to say to me can wait for another day. You gotta dip."

Alexis began digging through her purse until she found a pregnancy test. "Tre, I'm expecting your child."

Everything seemed to come to a halt when she revealed she was expecting Trevante's child. I can't believe she's pregnant right now. Trevante's expression indicated that he was stunned and couldn't believe what he was hearing. He took the pregnancy test from her grasp and examined it.

"Are you serious?" He stated while still looking at the pregnancy test.

Alexis sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'm dead serious. The evidence is right there. And please don't do that is the baby mine type of shit because you were the last man I fucked. You cum inside me for sure."

I got up as soon as she said that last line because I just wanted to fight her, but I know I can't because both me and her are pregnant.

I gathered my belongings and prepared to leave. "Please notify me when this bitch is gone. I'm leaving."

Trevante took my arm and sat me down like I was a child. "Man, chill out, you're not leaving. How many times do I have to say that shit?"

"I'm not going to sit here and listen to this girl say she's pregnant by you and that you nutted inside of her." I pushed him away from me.