9. Don't

(TW: This contains self harm, abuse, and attempting of suicide.)

Adelpha's Pov:

<>
"You love him Rose?" My mother asked as she chopped the vegetables for dinner.
"No, it's not like that."
"Rose, baby, I see your smile when you come in from being out with him all day. He brings out the best in you, but he is a broken boy, so please take care of yourself and him. Don't let him break you either." She spoke softly kissing my forehead gently.

"Rose are you okay?" I heard a faint voice whisper into my neck.

I felt a wet tear fall down my cheek.

Distant Memories.

" m'fine just a dream." I mumbled slightly moving forward so his hand wasn't on my shoulder anymore.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked.

His voice sounded hurt.

"No. It's nothing really." I said, turning over so I was facing him.

I try to give him the best smile I can form physically.

"I know when you lie." He muttered.

I looked up at him as he sat propped up on his elbow with his hand supported his head as he laid back. His crystal grey eyes scanned my face taking in any emotion I showed. I gave him a small smile and slowly got up out of bed and stretched my arms up.

I felt my shirt lift up and his hand pulling it back down so I was covered.

"Thank you." I said sheepishly looking back at him as he gave me a reassuring nod.

That's what I liked about Draco. He wasn't messed up or dangerous. He was sweet, innocent, loving, caring, and so much... they just didn't understand him like I did. They didn't try and get to know him like I did.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked back over at the clock seeing it read 5:21 am.

"Thinking about how we have school in a few hours and how I need to get ready." I laughed out lightly.

I walked away from the beside and grabbed a pair of socks and slipped them on, slightly stumbling from the loss of balance. I slipped on a pair of shorts under my large t shirt.

"Right- um I'll see you at the party tonight?" He spoke from the bedside as he stood up and grabbed his shirt slipping it on.

"Ye- yeah I'll see you there." I said a little hurt that he was in such a rush.

He gave me a small nod and headed towards the bedroom door to lead into the hall and leave.

"You can stay- um I was planning on cooking breakfast?" I said quickly trying to get him to stay.

"You can't cook Adelpha, it's fine I'll see you later today." He said laughing lightly and walking out, shutting the door behind him.

I heard his faint foot steps walk throughout the dorm to finally hear the main door opening and shutting.

"Hey Rosy!" Luna squealed as I walked to my class.

"Rosy?" I laughed out looking over at her perched onto a pillar.

"Yea, because well your last name is Rose so why not Rosy." She laughed out lightly jumping down.

I quickly grabbed her hand making sure she'd land on her feet.

"You going to the party tonight?" She asked, her voice returning back to her soft spoken tone.

"Depends on if Hermione and the rest go, what about you?" I asked turning my head to the side to look at her as we walked to class.