24. Load of a Trainwreck

Adelpha's Pov:

I didn't get much sleep last night. I mean who would after everything that happened. I struggled to breath. Everything inside me hurt. No matter how much I covered up I still felt the cold. I looked over to the side and saw my mothers dress April's brought up.

I turned around and looked into the mirror across my bed. I looked miserable. Sulking in my own pain. In my own suffering. I hated it.

My face pale and bruised. My lip busted. My eye bruised and black. How I would be able to go back and see people at school tomorrow I don't know. Maybe I could stay down in the infirmary.

I just hoped Harry and them wouldn't see me. Especially Luna or Blaise. Blaise could tell Draco, not that he would care after what I did.

Somehow it amazed me how my body survives everything it goes through.

It was 3 in the morning and all I wanted to do was scream out my father.

I slowly sat up, grabbing onto my ribs in agony. I slowly stood up as my head pushed me up. I stubbled as quietly as there was possible. I didn't want to wake April up. I sat down on the stairs and slowly slid down.

Yes it was child like but I couldn't walk down all those stairs.

As I reached the bottom I stood up and turned my head to look towards the basement door. I limped over there as my hands covered my ribs. I took a small break leaning against the wall to breath. I reached for the doorknob and pulled it open.

I walked down the stairs slowly but surely.

I looked as his perfect tan skin. His bruising on his knuckles. The few scratches he had on his face. He slept so peacefully.

I looked over his facial features.

I resembled nothing of him. I looked exactly like my mother, and maybe that's what he hated in me. I looked like her, and he saw me in her. I walked over to the couch and bent down beside him. The whiskey glass swinging from his hands.

There was still a little left. I jerked it from his hands as I stood up and took a swig as he stirred.

"What the-" He mumbled sheepishly.

"Get up."

"Who the hell do you think you are?" He asked as he grew mad.

"Give me my shit." He said as he reached for the bottle.

I jerked it bag and placed the opening between my lips and finished the rest.

He gave me a look like he was fixing the lunge. He stood there in place looking over me. I looked over to the small mini fridge and walked over to grab another bottle.

The same whiskey.

I grabbed it and unscrewed the cap and placed it between my lips.

My throat burned at the pure alcohol flowing throughout my body.

"You're just like me." He laughed before lighting a cigarette.

"I'm nothing like you." I said before taking another swig and walked over to grab the cigarette, placing it between my lips.

"Look at you. You can't deal with your own problems so you result to alcohol or some sort of drug." He said as he grabbed another cigarette.

"Get a load of this train wreck." He laughed as he brought his cigarette up to his lips.

"That's not true." I said as I blew out smoke.

I watched as he held a cocky smile on his face as he lit his cigarette.