22. Home

Adelpha's Pov:
"Adelpha wake up, you need to get ready. We're going to go dress shopping." An unsettling voice coaxed me into waking up.

I looked up at my father as he smiled down at me. I rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up in my bed, shivering at the cold.

"Father, I was wondering, do you happen to know where the dress is mother wore when you two went to the ball?"

"I do, why?"

"I was hoping to wear it. Mother always told me how special that night was between you and her." I said as I smiled softly.

But not at the thought of her and my father, but the idea of my mother and him. I referred to the Slytherin boy as "him" because she hadn't mentioned his name and always said him.

"I think it would be great, but who would alter it?" He asks.

"I'm sure Luna or Hermione could help."

"Ok let's go get it from the storage, hm?"

I nodded my head and went to grab my shoes and changed as he headed out. I was a little anxious about being out of the house with him alone, but I brushed it off.

I walked down the stairs and saw him waiting at the door.

He looked mad.

"Ready?" He said bitterly.

I nodded my head as he opened the door.

Everything seemed so much colder today. The worlds of April continued to run through my head. I was starting to get worried.

I followed him down the path to the shed. We continued to walk in silence, a silence that made me fear for the future. He reached into his pocket, and I slightly flinched behind him, grateful I was behind him so he didn't see.

We walked into the even colder shed. I looked around at the things placed in. Most of were mothers and a few of my baby clothes.

"It's back there, can you grab it?" He said coldly.

I didn't want to give him the advantage point of him being behind me, but I knew if I said no he would get even more mad.

I nodded my head and put a hesitant smile on as I walked back.

The picture did no justice to the dress. It was so much more beautiful and elegant then the picture showed. I reached my hand out to grab the hanger but before I could my father grabbed my wrist jerking me back.

"Why do you want your mothers dress. Shes gone." He said coldly.

I didn't say anything, to scared of if my any of answers and lies would make him hurt me more.

"Father your hurting my wrist."

"I don't give a damn. You will end up just like your mother by the end of this break I guarantee it. I knew you were just like her." He said shoving me back.

I fell back, but knew it was coming so was able to use my arms as a brace for impact.

He reached down grabbing me by the collar of my shirt.

One hit.

Two hits.

Three hits.

Four hits.

By five hits I couldn't keep up. I felt the blood running down my face. I didn't know where I was bleeding just that I was.

He released his grip on me and I fell back. He prepped himself for a kick.

I closed my eyes and let it happen. I was to dazed to grip onto what was happening.

<>
"Adelpha, someone's here for you!" My mother called from down stairs.
I walked down the stairs in confusion, until I saw who was at the door.
"Draco!" I cheered happily as I ran down the stairs as quick as my feet could carry me. I jumped into his arms and nestled my head into his neck, breathing in the sweet smell of apple.
"How was you're trip?" I asked as he set me down.
"Amazing, not that I'm back."

When I awoke it was still daylight, I guess that was good right? I slowly tried to set up, but failed miserably as the throbbing pain in my head kicked in. I was shivering cold, but couldn't seem to move. Father had left too.

I have to get up or I'll freeze to death. As I sat up I sucked in a sharp breath, trying to ease the pain that knocked the breath out of me. I bit down onto my lip as my hand traveled to the side of my stomach where my ribs laid.

I slowly lifted my shirt up as my hands shook. I don't know if they shook from shock or the cold. As I lifted my shirt up and looked down at the damage I squeezed my eyes shut.

Yellow, purple, blue, red, pink, almost any color there was, were bruises forming around my ribs.

This was possibly worst my father had ever done. I was sure I had a few broke ribs. I lifted my hand up to a box and used it to push myself up. My knuckles were bloody along with the palm of my hand. As I finally stood up I limped over to the door.

I remember my head bleeding, and my lip was swollen and felt like I couldn't talk.

As I opened it I looked over to the house, and then back over to frozen river. I pushed my hood up and headed for my mothers grave, taking twice as long. When I finally reached I placed my mothers dress on her grave.

"I'm so so sorry mum. I'm so fucking sorry." I muttered with tears in my eyes.

I walked over to the river. I tapped my foot on the ice to see how durable it was.

A slight cracking noise was heard through out it. I grabbed a larger rock from the frozen trees and cut a large piece of fabric from my jacket, making a rope.

I used the fabric to wrap around the rock and then around my ankle. I struggled carrying it as I stepped onto it with one foot first, and finally placed my second foot on it. I carefully walked to the center careful not to slip.

I let the rock drop and watched as the impact caused the ice to shatter. It was almost satisfying, the way it all opened with one single crack echoing throughout the rest. It was a perfect light blue. The water dark underneath.

I let the cold water hit my feet as I was submerged under water. I held my breath for a few seconds before breathing out, the river water flowing through my nose and mouth. I coughed it out as I was drug down father and deeper. I opened my eyes and watched as my hands turned in slow motion. I held both of my arms out and looked as the blood flowed out my palms.

The red mixing with the blue and green water. I felt the burning sensation in my throat and lungs as I struggled to keep my eyes open. The cold beginning to feel warm.

I looked up to the ice that blocked me from reaching the top now.

I let the warmth take over as I closed my eyes.

<>
"It's always so nice outside at night, but it's chilly tonight." I mumbled as we laid out our blankets.
"Cmere." He said with a smile on his face.
I obliged and cuddled into him as he wrapped his arms around me.
This.
This was warmth.
This was home.
This was who I wanted.
No matter what, he would always be my home.