32. Goodbyes

Adelpha's Pov:

"Um well I wasn't expecting you to be home so early." I said awkwardly as I scratched the back of my neck.

"Oh it's completely fine!" She laughed at Blaise.

Blaise held a smirk on his face. That's when I put two and two together.

"You fucked in my room before didn't you?"

"Yep." Blaise said he popping the p.

"Well- I'm going to get ready for Christmas eve. I'd like to throw a small party in our little dorm if that's okay with you?" Luna asked.

"Of course who's coming?" I smiled.

"Well probably just you, me, Blaise, and Draco."

I nodded my head and left the room to go shower and finish my room. Blaise ended up helping me with the flooring. We both shared funny stories about Luna and Draco. He filled me in on their break and how it went with their parents. I couldn't help but wish it was me and Draco who could have loving and accepting parents. Draco's mother only met me once, she was really lovely.

Once we finished he helped me clean up the room and the rest of the dormitory. After we finished we gave each other a proud look and high fived each other as we looked over our accomplishments. I quickly muttered a spell and the room was instantly lit up with Christmas lights and decorations.

"Oh my god this is amazing!" Luna cheered as she walked in.

"Well um your dripping water everywhere." I laughed as she stood in just her towel.

"I'm going to go get things to cook and set up
tonight." Blaise said before leaving.

Luna came back in a few minutes later dressed and hair done.

"Who are you going to the ball with?" Luna asked as she set out snack trays.

"Haven't thought about it, I have a dress. Have you talked to Theo?" I asked.

"Yeah he's coming tonight."

My heart immediately dropped. He could ignore me all he wanted, but could text Luna. I all I wanted to know was if he was okay.

I nodded my head and grabbed some clothes from my freshly organized and clean room. I threw on some black jeans and a blue turtle neck sweater. I still had bruising around my neck and a few spots on my face. I slid on my high top converse and curled my hair slightly before walking out to see Blaise laughing with Theo. I clenched my jaw and walked over to him.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked sweetly.

"Alone." I said a little more bitter.

He nodded his head and followed me back to my room. I grabbed a cigarette from my drawer and anxiously lit it.

"So how have you been?" He asked as he rocked back and forth on the heels of his foot.

"How have I been? Hm let's see, I've spent my break worrying about someone who won't even answer my calls or text."

"Adlepha- I just didn't know how to respond..."

"You didn't know how to respond." I scoff as I bring the cigarette up to my lips.

"You didn't know how to fucking respond!?" I shout finally.

He looks back at me hurt.

"Adlepha, your father..."

"What about him?" I asked.

"Me and my father helped him bury your mother..."

"No-"