42. She Knows

Adelpha's Pov:

"Really Draco I'm fine go. I'll see you tomorrow."

I could tell Draco was hurt by my words, but I was a little occupied with the messages Harry had been sending me. Death threats, threats to kill Draco, threats to kill a child if we ever had one, threats to kill Luna.

Harry had always been the jealous type, but never would I think this far. He was with Ginny why did he care so much about what I did? For bloody sake he fucked Ginny in the library.

2/13/78
I run to his room. I knew what he was going to do. I saw the way he acted at classes today. I knew I shouldn't have left him for bloody Chris. I beat on his door. There was no answer.
'Please! I'm sorry I love you not him open this door.' I poured my lungs out. People in the hall were walking past skeptically.
'Aren't you going to help! He's commuting in there?' I yell at them.
They all continue to walk past in a monotone. Fine. I'll do it myself. I quickly muttered a spell and ran into the room. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw her red hair. She held her wand up, ready to kill or curse anyone who walked in.
'April...' I mumbled.
She showed no remorse. I hear screaming from the other room.
'Don't think about it Iris.' She says harshly.
I ignore her words and run back, I scream in anger as she pushes me back into the wall.
'You bitch.' I pull my knee up and slam it into her stomach. She falls over in pain, dropping her wand. I quickly grab it and point it to her.
Before I could say anything my mouth is being covered by a cloth that smelled like lavender.
'Why couldn't you just stay with Chris? Why did you have to come back for him.' Her voice going father away with each word. She had a look in her eye that almost looked sorry.
When I wake up my hands are tied up behind my back with something shoved in my mouth to make me quiet. I look over to my side and see him. I quickly try my best to scoot over and crawl over to him. He had blood running down his face and neck. His knuckles were busted open. He's head laid limply against his shoulder.
I look up from him and look at the people who stand in the door.
Chris Glenn.
April Quin.
and finally.
Chris's best friend.
James Potter.
It's ironic it isn't it? How you think their the good people in the world, but in the end are they? Or are they really the people behind everything. The ones who can't get over there own rejection. There own standards.
If you read this Adelpha. Just know in your darkest moments always look to the 'good people' as the villain. You'll find them closer then you expect.

I choke up on my moms words as I read the last night.

It wasn't possible April lived in our house! She stayed with us, she saved me? She- she was my moms bestfriend.

"Chris I told you not to do it to hard." Her voice echoed outside of my door. Today was my 5 th birthday and dad had told me to head up to bed about 2 hours ago, but did I listen? No I couldn't sleep after listening to my mothers screams. I listened to April's comforting voice outside my door, part of me was scared for her. Why was she talking to my father so harshly she knew the things he could do.
"I'll do what I want and you can't fucking stop me." He yells.
"Don't talk to me that way, remember who saved your ass that day." She whispers back.
After another hour I quietly tip toe out to my mothers room. As I'm walking past the spare room I see April and my father tangled together in bed.

I was so young.

It all makes sense now.

I quickly ran back to my room and grabbed the paper of my rape report.