23. Blood Water

April's Pov:
I watch as Chris comes in with blood on his hands.

"Fix me a drink."

"Where's Adelpha?"

"She'll be back later." He said before walking to the basement.

I quickly grab a glass, my hands shaking, threatening to drop the glass.

I think for a moment before opening the medicine cabinet. I grab the sleeping pills and crush them up and swirl his drink around with the dust.

"Here you go sir." I say as I put a well formed smile from all the years.

He grabs it from my hand and finishing it in one gulp. I walk out and look outside towards the shed. I see the blood trail leading to the door and then one leading away.

I wait a few minutes shaking my leg nervously as I sit at the table.

I quietly walk down to the basement and see him passed out. I run back upstairs and grab my coat and shoes. I run out to the shed.

Broken glass every where. A puddle of blood where I'm sure Adelpha once laid.

"Fuck fuck fuck, she can't be dead." I whisper to myself.

I stand for a few moments looking at the damage. There were boxing thrown everywhere. A hand print of blood on a few boxes. A broken mirror. Everything trashed around.

I ran outside, not carrying if I slipped in the snow. I ran out past her mothers grave.

Her dress laid against where she was buried. I looked over to the Malfoy manor. She wouldn't have gone there, maybe the field. My eyes searched the broken branches and dead flowers.

No.

My eyes instantly shot to the frozen river.

No no no no.

There was a broken piece right in the middle.

I ran as fast as my legs carried me, but stopped in my tracks when I saw the blood trail. I gently stepped onto the ice and looked over into the water.

Blood.

The once green and blue water now had a slight tent of red.

My hands covered my mouth as I saw her body floating down.

I reached into the freezing water.

I couldn't grab her she was to deep. I ran off the ice and searched for a rock.

"Cmon!" I screamed as I threw around branches and small rocks.

I looked over to her mothers grave that had a large rock, marking where she was buried.

I ran and grabbed it and ran back to the ice, hearing it crack as I stepped onto it.

I slammed the rock into the ice around the smaller hole.

"Fucking brake!" I screamed.

It was getting darker and colder. I slammed it down as tears fell down warming my cheeks.

I shouldn't have waited 2 hours to go look for her.

Fuck.

"Finally." I muttered as a huge part broke.

It was about the size of the a small swimming hole, but enough I wouldn't get stuck. I zipped my jacket up and shook out my blue hands.

I watched as her body snuck deeper. I quickly dived in and opened my eyes. I pushed my hands back, ignoring the cold. Her hands floated above her head limply. I pushed harder.