1. Prologue

Quackity laid on his bed, unmoving. Dream and George had opened the door to check on him, earlier, but they learned the hard way to leave him alone while he was like this. Quackity stared up at the ceiling, he didn't feel like getting up today. Not with all of these thoughts of Schlatt haunting him whenever he tried to do something. He groaned, finally moving, but only to turn to his side. He absolutely hated days like this, and though he wished he could have comfort, at the same time... He shook his head, before closing his eyes and trying to keep his mind on something else.

A random though popped up in his head, the thought of Sapnap. He usually wasn't home as often as Dream and George were, hell, he was out right now while Dream and George were probably eating breakfast. Quackity often found himself wondering why he was almost never home, but he usually just shrugged it off. It wasn't really any of his business, and he didn't have any right to ask questions if he himself wouldn't let them ask HIM questions, even after months of living there.

He sighed, accepting the fact that he should probably get up. So, he slowly but surely got up. Walking over and grabbing some clothes and his beanie before opening the door and heading to the bathroom just next to his room. Dream and George were sitting at the kitchen counter, and Dream noticed him as he came out, waving to him. "Hey Quackity! I thought you weren't coming out today?" Dream tilted his head, and Quackity merely shrugged, opening the bathroom door. "I wasn't going to, I just changed my mind." He disappeared into the bathroom before they could ask any questions, and placed the clothes on the edge of the sink. He headed over to the shower, turning it on and testing its temperature, while not really caring.

He took off his clothes and tossed them into the waste basket just next to the door, before stepping into the tub. the water hit him as he stepped in, It was kinda cold, but he didn't mind. He grabbed the shampoo off of the ledge of the tub, pouring some into his hands and scrubbing it into his hair. The rest of the shower was pretty uneventful other than some desperate attempts to distract himself from the dreaded intrusive thoughts. Once he stepped out and turned off the water, he grabbed a towel from the towel rack. He dried off his hair first and foremost, and then the rest of his body. After he was fully dried, he pulled on his new clothes, placing his beanie on his head afterwards.

He took a breath in and then let it out, before opening the door and stepping out of the bathroom. "Hey Alex, you doing alright?" George asked, a worried expression on his face. Quackity stopped for a moment, before continuing to walk, sitting down on one of the seats in the kitchen. "I'm doing alright, Gogy. What did you guys have for breakfast?" He kicked his feet slightly while George walked back, sitting in the middle of him and Dream. "Well, I had eggs, but Dream just had oatmeal." George thought for a moment, before continuing. "What're you gonna have?" Quackity stopped swinging his feet, glancing at George before standing up from his seat. "Uh, I don't know.. maybe I'll just have oatmeal like Dream did." 

"I don't feel that hungry right now, though, so I'll just watch TV for a bit." George nodded, before turning to Dream and seemingly talking about stream ideas once more. Quackity himself didn't exactly stream, but he's been wanting to. He sighed at the thought, it would be a lot easier to keep his mind off of.. things if he was a streamer. He sat down and picked up the Roku remote, going to YouTube with it. He searched up "Georgenotfound" in the search bar, and absentmindedly clicked on one of the videos. 

"In this video, my friends have to try and make me laugh." He heard Georges voice come from the tv, though it didn't surprise him. He knows that George, Dream, and Sapnap are streamers, which is one of the reasons he wants to be one. "Hey, you're watching my video?" George leaned on his arms behind Quackity. He nodded, watching as the block characters on the screen move around to try to make George laugh. "Who's the third one?" Quackity asked, looking over at George. George hummed, looking at the screen for a few seconds. Before replying with "Oh, that's Karl. We're pretty good friends." Quackity stared at the tv once more, "Alright." 

After the video he was going to pick another to watch, but was interrupted as the front door opened and Sapnap came from it. "Oh hey Sapnap!" He called, looking over his shoulder as the other took off his shoes and stepped inside. "Hey Quackity!" Sapnap yelled back, running over. "God, we really need to talk more. We mainly just say hey now." Quackity mentioned, stretching out and watching as Sapnap went around the couch and sat beside him. "Yeah, I know.. I'm sorry about that, I've been hanging out with my boyfriend." Sapnap said, also stretching out, before realizing what he had said and putting a hand over his mouth.

"You have a boyfriend? That's amazing!" Quackity sat up, overjoyed by the fact that one of his closest friends found love. Sapnap seemed to let out a sigh of relief, which made Quackity cock an eyebrow. The other looked at him for a few seconds before realizing. "Oh! Oh- Sorry, I just thought you'd be upset since.. Y'know..." Sapnap trailed off, seeing the change in expression on Quackitys face. Quackity merely looked away, picking another random video from Georges channel again. "Don't mention that please, Sapnap." he murmured quietly, trying to remind himself that Sapnap meant no harm. Sapnap nodded, before turning to watch the video with his friend.