36. Comfort

Quackity blinked his eyes open, staring at the ceiling. He didn't remember much of what happened earlier, not right now at least. He remembers making up with Sapnap, then Karl came, then they went to a diner and.. he... passed out and.. had a 'nightmare', he thinks. He'll remember later, he's too tired right now. Though, maybe it'd be better to forget the nightmare, it didn't seem so fun.

He sat up, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. Was he in his room? Oh right, he moved back in. He stood up and made his way to the door, opening it quietly and looking out toward the living room. Karl and Sapnap were sitting on the couch and talking, oh, George is there too. He should say hi..

He took a few steps out, closing the door behind him. As he looked around he realized it was most likely day, considering it was light outside. "Hey Quackity!" George called, smiling warmly at him. He watched Karl and Sapnap turn as he walked over. "Hi George, Hi Sapnap" He mumbled as he sat down, Sapnap making room for him. They were a bit squished, but it was fine, it didn't matter.

"Hey Alex, you okay..?" Sapnap murmured, wrapping an arm around him gently. He stared at him, blinking a few times before leaning his head on his shoulder. "I'm fine... why?" There was a silence, and Sapnap squeezed his shoulder softly before answering. "..No reason, a bit of stuff just happened yesterday.. I wanted to make sure you're okay." He smiled, wrapping an arm around the other.

It felt warm, like it always did. He liked that. Sapnap was very huggable. He faintly remembers wanting a kiss earlier, Sapnap didn't give him one. He still wants one, so.. "Sap?" "Yeah?" he paused for a minute, a light blush making its way to his face. "..Can... Can you kiss me..?" Sapnap smiled, grabbing Quackitys face lightly and pulling it toward his own. "Of course." A soft kiss was planted on his lips. 

He smiled, it felt comforting. After the kiss ended, he snuggled against the ravenette, hiding his face in his shoulder. "Aww, how cute~" George teased, giggling even when no response was given. "Shut up George. Where's Dream, huh?" Sapnap retorted, smirking when George stopped laughing, his face turning a light shade of red. "S-S-Shut- Shut up you- you-" George couldn't find any words and huffed, walking away after a while.

A few minutes passed, with Quackity silently cuddling Sapnap. Karl sat there, awkwardly fidgeting with his hands. He wanted to try to make amends with Quackity, but he really didn't know where to start. He was just happy Sapnap was trying to give him a second chance, along with tips.. that he'd try to use.

It's not like he deserved a second chance, he just appreciated it.

Karl sighed, beginning to talk after a while. "Um, Quackity?" He started, anxiously waiting for a reply. "Yeah..?" a muffled reply came from him, and he smiled. "Do you wanna, uh, hang out sometime? I was thinking we could go to a.. a bowling alley or something, y'know, whatever you wanna do... Sapnap will be there too, just- just asking.." he waited, and waited.

Quackity thought about it, did he really want to? He didn't really trust Karl yet... but he supposed the gifts were a bit helpful, except for the flower, maybe that was just to show he cared. Or something. "...sure." he mumbled, his face still buried in Sapnaps shoulder. He felt tired, and he only just started to notice a headache appearing. It wasn't nice, but the cuddles were.

Another wave of silence came over them, but it wasn't a bad one. Well, it was a bit awkward for Karl, but for Sapnap and Quackity it was nice.

Quackity will try to remember what happened last night later.. 

for now he just wants cuddles and comfort,

that's fine, right?

Ayo writing this chapter
Made me think about those times
Where I'd become unbelievably
touch starved and would need to
cuddle with my mom for like an hour
at least to recover from it.
ahh memories..