39. Wait-

TW/CW: Brief mention of Abuse + Death, Alcohol mention.

Quackity took a deep breath, splashing his face with more cold water as Sam leaned against the wall. "Do you feel a bit better now...?" Sam asked, staring at him with light pity. He smiled tightly, nodding. "..Yeah I'm.. I'm fine." Though that was only half true. "If you don't mind me asking, where did your scar come from?" Quackitys breath hitched and he looked down, staring at the sink.

"Uh I..." "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Quackity stopped, pressing his lips together tightly. He sighed, his hands clutching the edge of the sink tight. "No it's... it's fine. I don't mind." He muttered, stopping his voice from shaking. "I.. Schlatt." Sam raised an eyebrow. "Who's Schlatt?" Quackity hesitated before continuing. "My ex. He.. he's dead." "Oh, I'm sorry.." Quackity stared at the sink, feeling a bit lightheaded and... fuzzy. "It..It's fine. Don't be. We should go back, it's been a few..." 

Sam blinked, taking in that they had been in there for a while and nodding. "You're.. You're right. If you ever need to talk, I'm here. I know I'm pretty much a stranger, But I'll listen." Sam smiled, opening the door and walking out, Quackity soon following him. Sapnap waved as Quackity approached, hugging him when he got close enough. "Hey baby! I gave Ponk our phone number if that's okay, and I also gave him my discord. I'll share it with you if you want to be friends with him.. also... what happened? You okay Alex..?"

"I'm.. I'm fine Sap, It's okay." Quackity mumbled, face flushing yet again at the petname. "If you say so... well, It's 8 now, can you believe it?" Sapnap brought out his phone, showing Quackity and Karl. Ponk and Sam were talking, and the two groups seemed to split off as they looked at the time. "Oh you're right.. it's pretty late, we should get back..." "Me and Karl were talking, actually." Sapnap smiled. "About... what?"

"We talked about going to a bar, just for a little bit." Quackity felt his heart drop, a bar? why? what're they gonna do there? "But-" "You don't have to worry about getting home, Karl isn't getting more than one beer, he'll drive us." "You don't have to drink either, but I feel like you'd have more fun that way.." Karl mumbled, staring at the floor.

Quackity felt even more lightheaded, but.. He didn't wanna ruin their fun, but... He gulped, nodding silently as they made their way to the exit. On the way, he gave Arrow his phone number and told them he'd text them. Arrow nodded, waving goodbye to him casually.

He didn't know how he felt about this, he didn't want to ruin their fun though.. besides, nothing bad was gonna happen.. but what if it did? what if Schlatt was somehow alive.. what if Sapnap turns out just like him? what if Sapnap cheats on him? or gets killed? what if he gets killed? kidnapped?

His heartrate sped up as they got into the car, but, again..

He didn't want to ruin their fun, so...

Oh boy
Here we go