6. Unsure

Quackity found himself once more sitting to the right of the couple. He had finished unpacking a while ago, and was going to go to bed, but Karl and Sapnap insisted he stay up with them for "movie night" or whatever they called it. He ate popcorn slowly, staring at the scene displayed on the tv screen currently. This was supposed to be a horror movie, but Quackity could hardly call it scary for his life. Although Sapnap and Karl jumped a few times, Sapnap less than Karl did.

After the movie ended, he looked up at the clock. It was 12:22. He Glanced over at Karl and Sapnap, who seemed to be picking another movie. "I'm gonna go to bed, it's midnight and I'm tired" He got up, and began to walk. Sapnap and Karl watching him and pouting until he got into his room. Quackity flopped onto his bed and mumbled incomprehensibly into the pillow, stopping after a while and wrapping his arms around it. He was tired, but it still took him around half an hour to fall asleep.

-

The sound of his door opening and closing woke him up, he blinked a few times, sitting up and staring at the figure who was standing in his room. "O-oh- Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up- at least not like that.." Karl said, shifting awkwardly in the place he stood at.  Quackity yawned, rubbing his eyes afterward. "You did but it isn't really your fault, I'm a light sleeper so It doesn't matter.." he stared at the other for a few seconds. "So.. Why did you come in here? Did you.. want something??" he tilted his head, and Karl shrugged, slowly inching his way further into the room.

Karl sat on the edge of Quackitys bed, just staring at his lap. A feeling of discomfort filled the room, Quackity wondering why Karl had even come into his room. Karl cleared his throat, sighing after he caught his attention. "I had a nightmare" He muttered, seemingly feeling guilty about telling him about it. "A nightmare?" Karl nodded, still looking down. "Well-.. Couldn't you just tell Sapnap?" Karl tensed for a few seconds, before hesitantly shaking his head. Quackity raised an eyebrow. "Why not??.."

"The nightmare was about Sapnap." Karl whispered, glancing at Quackity before looking back down. "Can I just.. Stay in here? I don't really want to talk about it.." Quackity thought about it for a few moments, Karl was letting him stay at his house, the least he could do was help him with a nightmare. "Of course, you didn't really need to ask, I can go on the floor if you want to sleep on the bed?" Karl shook his head, slowly sliding himself off of the bed and onto the floor next to it. "I'll sleep on the floor" he said, laying down. "Can-... Can I have a pillow?" Karl asked, looking up at him. Quackity nodded and gave Karl a pillow, earning a small "thanks" in response. 

He laid back down but found himself unable to fall back asleep, though he didn't want to get up and make noise looking for melatonin, considering Karl was sleeping next to his bed now. He laid there shifting every 2 minutes. 

-

Before he knew it, it was 8 in the morning. He got up slowly, walking over to the door, opening and closing it softly. He went out to the kitchen, grabbing an apple before sitting in the dining room. Time felt like it was moving both too quickly and too slow at the same time, and he didn't know how to feel about it. He wasn't going to tell Sapnap and Karl that he hadn't really slept last night, he didn't want to make Karl feel guilty about it, or make Sapnap worry. 

He sighed, on the plus side, at least he felt like getting up today. He rarely ever wanted to, so he felt happy about that. He knew Sapnap would probably be up soon, so after he finished his apple he went over to the living room, turning on some random show that looked interesting. He was around 15 minutes into the episode when he got a text, he took his phone out of his pocket and looked at the name..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George

George -8:29 AM

Hey Quackity

Dream told me you moved

in with Sapnap and Karl

 8:32 AM- Quackity

Yeah, Sorry for not

Telling you.

George -8:38 AM

Oh no

You don't have to be sorry, I 

just wanted to congratulate you.

They'll probably help you heal a lot 

more than me and Dream did

8:39 AM- Quackity

Oh

Well Thanks

George -8:39 AM

Also, Dream is being annoying

So I'm a bit angry at you for leaving 

because of that part.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quackity laughed silently at his phone, before shutting it off and continuing to watch the show he picked out. Around 20 minutes later, when he was halfway into the next episode, Sapnap walked out of his room. "Quackity, do you know where Karl is?" Sapnap asked. Despite hiding it, Quackity could tell Sapnap was worried. He nodded, before responding to the question. "He should be sleeping in my room, I woke up to him sleeping there." While that was only half true, he didn't want to betray Karl and tell Sapnap he had a nightmare. Karl probably didn't tell Sapnap for a reason, and plus, it was about Sapnap.

"Huh? he was sleeping in your room?" Sapnap stared at him suspiciously, and Quackity realized what that probably sounded like. "NO NONo! not- not like that Sapnap, I found him sleeping on the floor, trust me- I didn't-" To his surprise Sapnap started laughing. "I knew that, dude! Chill out!" Quackity felt his face heat up with embarrassment. He huffed, turning back toward the tv. He heard Sapnaps laughing fade, and then the sound of the door to his bedroom. He assumed that he was waking Karl up. 

The episode ended just as Sapnap and a tired looking Karl walked out of his room, going toward the kitchen to presumably get breakfast. He smiled lightly, maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

Sorry this chapter came a little bit later! 

I suffered from a thing called lack of motivation today,

But anyway, I hope you enjoyed it ^^