46. Gender Time

TW/CW: Questioning Gender, Gender dysphoria(?)

Quackity once more found himself waking up. His door was closed but he could hear the tv playing.. something, from the living room. He sat up, stretching before just sitting there, silently. He remembered how he'd vented to Karl, he wondered how he took it. He reached up, reaching to grab his beanie and slightly panicking when he didn't feel it.

Where was it? 

He kept feeling around on his head, even though it'd been established there was no beanie there. He frowned, his hand dropping in sadness. Did he lose his beanie? He'd had that beanie for a while.. and it was just... gone now?

He couldn't believe it, and also, what would he use to cover his hair? It still made him uncomfortable for people to see... Well, there had to be something else in here, right? He had backup beanies, didn't he?...

...Didn't he?

He.. didn't actually know, if he was being honest. He got up, looking around his room. To his dismay, there was nothing hat-related in there. He was a bit nervous and uncomfortable because of this, but decided he should just leave his room.

He opened his door nervously, staring out into the living room. On the couch was Sapnap, Karl, and George. Dream didn't seem to be there. He took a deep breath, before making his way into the living room.

Quackity walked in, smiling shyly as he just stood there. He didn't say anything, until Sapnap noticed him around 2 minutes later. "Oh- Hey Quackity!" Sapnap smiled, waving at him, and then stopping, his eyes drifting to look at Quackitys hair. The other two also turned, looking at him.

He blushed in slight embarrassment, coughing into his fist before greeting them. "..Hhii." Sapnap blinked, looking back down and locking eyes with him. "Quackity where'd your beanie go?" He asked, giving a questioning look as Quackity averted his eyes, walking over and sitting down in between Sapnap and George after they made room for him.

"I-... um... I lost it... I think." He muttered, staring at his lap to avoid looking at anyone. "Aw, that sucks.. You've had it for at least a year!" George exclaimed, a small frown on his face. "It's okay Quackity, I'll get you a new one." Sapnap smiled, the smile growing when Quackity glanced at him.

"...Okay." Quackity mumbled, curling into himself slightly. This was uncomfortable, he was really self conscious about his hair. "What's wrong?" Sapnap asked, tilting his head. "Oh um-" Quackity looked up, pressing his lips together briefly. "I- Uh- I'm not... too comfortable showing my hair.." Quackity muttered, looking down, his eyes glancing to George who was looking at him sympathetically.

"Oh... Well I think you look beautiful!" Sapnap complimented, pulling him into a hug. "Mhm, your hair looks nice Quackity." Karl smiled, giving him a thumbs up. George just nodded in agreement, patting his shoulder lightly. Quackity blushed, trying to look away from everyone. This was better than people hating his hair, but it was still a bit much.

"Okay I uh- I like the.. compliments but... It's- it's a bit overwhelming?" Quackity mumbled, a part of him feeling guilty for pushing them away. "Oh, that's okay honey..." Sapnap murmured, smiling and pulling away softly. Quackity looked at him, also smiling. George scoffed. "Lovebirds." 

Quackity blushed and glared at George for a split second before turning and hiding his face in Sapnaps shoulder. Sapnap chuckled and wrapped an arm around him, lightly squeezing him before simply resting his arm there. After a few seconds Quackity pulled away, still a bit embarrassed.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom if.. if it's okay." Quackity said quietly, this was a bit overwhelming for him. Sapnap nodded, letting him get up. "I'll be back..." He walked away, opening the bathroom door and shutting it behind him as he entered. He took a deep breath, letting it out as he walked in front of the mirror, staring at himself through it.