42. Panik

TW/CW: Alcohol, POV change, Blood, Mentions of Self-Harm, Drunk-ish Sapnap, Mentions of Suicide, Assuming the worst.

Karl felt uneasy as he watched Quackity sneak past him and Sapnap, who was too drunk to notice the smaller man. Why was he leaving? Wasn't he just going to the bathroom, and then he'd be right back? Something didn't feel right here. He frowned as Quackity opened the door, stepping outside.

Yeah, this didn't feel right.

"Sap" Karl whispered, trying to get the ravenettes attention. "Yeahh??" Sapnap slurred, tilting his head. Karl sighed, his eyes glancing back to the door. "Sap, I think something's wrong with Alex.." he continued, the worry clear in his voice.

"Hmm? Whyy.. Why do youu say that Karl?" Sapnap mumbled, trying to get a grip on the situation. Karl turned in his seat, facing the door. "Sa-.. Nick, he left just now. He said he'd go to the bathroom and be right back, but he left." "I meann... uh... heee could just beee getting some fresh aiirr?" Sapnap tried to reason, hiccuping afterward.

"Ugh Nick you don't understand! I have the feeling he isn't coming back if we don't follow him, there was blood on his fingers and his expression looked Empty! " "Waiit.. There- There was b-blood?" Sapnap asked, worry settling in even though his mind wasn't functioning at 100% currently.

"Yes. And- And he didn't look like he wanted to be seen exiting, he was trying to sneak past us. I think he didn't notice that I saw him." Sapnap stopped, also turning to look at the door. "Nick, can you get in the car? I'm gonna check the bathroom." Sapnap nodded, getting up and stumbling out to the car.

Karl got up and made his way to the bathroom, opening the door and walking in hesitantly. He blinked, his eyes widening at drops of blood on the floor, the sink seemed to have a few drops in it too. The paper towels had red fingerprints on them, as well as the sink and stall door, oh, and the inside handle of the door he just opened.

What happened here? Where'd the blood come from? It wasn't too much, but it was still worrying. What if someone hurt Quackity? He needed to find out if anyone was here. 

"Hello? Is anyone in here?" he asked hesitantly, slight relief filling his body as he received no response, as well as more worry. How did Quackity get hurt? Did he-.. Karls eyes widened slightly. 

Did Quackity hurt himself? 

How? 

He didn't have a knife, or.. Anything sharp. 

What did he use if he did?

And if he did...

Karl felt panic run throughout his body as a realization came to him. He flung the door open, running out of the bathroom and leaving money on the counter before beginning to run again. He ran out to the car, pulling himself into the drivers seat.

He started the car, trying to ignore Sapnaps millions of questions as he pulled out of the Parking lot. "Karl! W-What's goiing onn??" Sapnap asked, grabbing Karls arm and gasping as Karl pushed him away slightly. "Nick I'm driving! And I'll tell you as we drive but we need to- We need to hurry! I-" "Karll Calm downn and tell me whaats going on!"

Karl took a deep breath as he pulled onto the road, beginning to drive. "N-Nick, I think alex is gonna kill himself I- I think he hurt himself and- I don't- I don't actually know where he is- I- Don't.. I D-Don't want him to disappear-, E-Even if he hasn't forgiven me or- or anything I just- I-" Karl rambled on, his vision slightly blurry with tears as he tried to drive. 

He blinked a few times, he had to have clear enough vision to be able to spot Quackity.. If he didn't.. He doesn't know what'd happen.

Sapnap was staring at Karl, panic seeming to rush through him too. He didn't want Quackity to die either, I mean, he's his boyfriend.. Maybe he should've got him help or.. or at least tried to figure out more of what was wrong. He was such a bad lover, He didn't deserve Quackity.

"W-Well- Welll hurryy up and drive!!" Sapnap yelled, seeming to fill Karl with more panic as the brunette tried to drive faster. "I-I don't know where he'd go though!!" Karl yelled, looking around frantically. "Tryy uh- Try-" Sapnap tried thinking, his eyes widening. "Give meee your phone!" "You have a phone too! Why do you need mine?!" 

"Ohh rightt" Sapnap smiled sheepishly, grabbing his phone from his pocket and dialing a number. The phone rang for several minutes, but in the end, the call was ignored. "Fuck.." Sapnap frowned, staring at the phone. "Who'd you call??" Karl asked, still looking around frantically for the oh so familiar face. "..Alexxx.."

"Why did you think he'd pick up?!?" Karl yelled, not meaning to yell at Sapnap, but he was too worried to really focus on that right now. "I donnt knoww! It was w-worth a shott okay??!" Sapnap yelled back, dialing a different number on his phone. "Who're you calling now..." Karl sighed, his shoulders tensing as he thought he saw Quackity, but then drooping once more when he realized it was just some stranger.

"Dreammm and Gogyy" Sapnap mumbled as a ringing filled the car again. It took 2 rings, but the phone got picked up. "..Helloo??" a tired voice answered, the British accent making it clear who it was. "Geoeorge!!" Sapnap yelled into the phone, relief mixed in with his worry. "W-Woah uh- Y-Yeah?? Be- Be quiet- Dream's asleep.." Karl rolled his eyes, slowing down a bit. "S-Sorry-"

 "George I don't give a honk if Clay's asleep! This is too important for me to care about stuff like that!" Karl yelled, interrupting Sapnap. "Okay? Uh- Wait- What's happening?" "Alex ran off and we think he's gonna kill himself!! See why it's so important in comparison to waking up your damned boyfriend!?" Karl shouted, slapping a hand over his mouth as he realized how mean it sounded.

"WHAT?!-" "We wwanted to know if he caame home.." Sapnap mumbled, probably barely audible to the brit on the other end of the phone. "N-No, He didn't!? And you guys are telling me that he might be going to KILL HIMSELF!?" George yelled, seeming to disregard his past worry about waking up Dream.

"S-So, he- he's not home huh.." Karl mumbled shakily, speeding up once more while driving. "Thanks George.." Sapnap murmured, pressing the end-call button. "NO WAI-" George was interrupted as Sapnap hung up on him. "W-Where else could he be? I mean, he could still be making his way home and-" "We could try thee cliff?" Sapnap suggested, looking out the window.

Karl blinked, his eyes widening. "The cliff! Nick you're a genius, of course he'd go there!" Karl stomped on the breaks, slowing the car down as he turned it around and went the other way. "I amm? I thought I was druunk" Sapnap muttered, still looking out the window as Karl sped with the car to get to the cliff.

Lol sorry for throwing a POV switch
At you guys, just seems like it'd
Fit more in this situation, to be fair
The plot rn: I am speed