31. Flowers

TW/CW: Gaslighting, Degrading, Abuse, Blood, Sexual assault, Victim Blaming, Alcohol, Threats, Panic attacks.

He opened his eyes, a beautiful, seemingly endless field of flowers welcoming him. His eyes widened as he took in the beauty around him, nothing was dark or gloomy, the sun was out, the sky was blue, there were a lot of varying flowers such as daisies, allium flowers, orange roses, tulips, chrysanthemums, lavender, red dahlias, etc.

The tree behind him seemed to be the only one in sight, though gave him a nice bit of shade as the sun shone down at the colorful field. He felt a warm, light breeze flowing past him as he adjusted to the brightness of everything. It was fuzzy, everything seemed happy, even he himself felt happy. He reached out, slowly brushing his hand against the soft grass, the sensation unexplainable.

He smiled, plucking an orange rose softly and looking at it. His smile faltered, though stayed there. It reminded him of Sapnap. He gave him a rose, this exact rose... He blinked, his smile flattening when the rose wilted in his hands. And with it, so did all the other flowers of the field. Every flower rebloomed as an orange rose, purple hyacinth, or as an Iris flower.

The tree behind him seemed to disappear, along with the sun. He felt fear well up inside of him as he got surrounded by darkness, only able to see a few feet ahead of himself. He stood up, hesitantly glancing back and forth. "Quackity?" He jumped, looking around rapidly, trying to find the source of the voice. "Alex is that you?" He stopped, recognizing the voice instantly. "....Nick?" he felt tears well up in his eyes. No, no he was trying to avoid this.

"Alex, look at me..." "Where are you?" "Behind you." Quackity hesitantly looked behind him, his breath hitching at the sight of, yep, you guessed it, Sapnap. "S-Sap I want an explanati-" "You don't need one. I do." He stopped, staring in disbelief at the ravenette. "What? W-What do you mean-" "You ran away without giving me a chance to explain. What if I meant that differently?" Quackity stared, his eyebrows knitting together.

"W-Well how else could you have meant it? You- You don't lo-" "I don't. I don't love you, but what if I DID mean it differently?" His vision seemed to get more limited, pushing both him and Sapnap closer together. "I-I don't- I'm sorr-" "You better be. I shouldn't have even tried with you. You're selfish, and stupid." Him and Sapnap were now a mere foot away from each other, the darkness surrounding them, yet pushing them like a wall.

Sapnap bent down, picking up one of each flower. A rose, a hyacinth, and an Iris. He picked the orange rose from the group, holding it out in front of both of them. "An orange rose... As far as I'm concerned they symbolize energy, passion, excitement.... Passionate, fiery emotions.. This doesn't sound like you at all, sounds a lot more like me." Quackity blinked, staring into the orangey color of the flower. That is him, though.. isn't it? he can be energetic.. that sounds like him, when he's at his 100% right? like George said-

"I don't think you deserve me..." Sapnap purred, crushing the flower in his hand unexpectedly. The rest of the roses visible to them on the ground wilted along with that one. Quackitys eyes widened as Sapnap moved on, picking the hyacinth away from the Iris. "A purple hyacinth.. hmm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these symbolize Sorrow, Respect, Gratitude, and Forgiveness... hmm. I feel like if I wanted to apologize to you I'd give this to you~" Sapnap cooed, waving the flower back and forth a few times.

"Too bad I don't!~" And with that, he crushed yet another flower, all the other hyacinths wilting along with it. Quackity gulped as the darkness pushed them closer together, and he watched as Sapnap stared at the last flower, an Iris. "Faith, Hope... Admiration? Courage? At most, I think these would fit more to me or Karl, can't believe I'm saying that."