one : trapped

no one pov

a young boy sighed softly. his chin resting on his hand as he leaned over his balustrade. his eyes lingered, looking over the court yard of his supposed palace.

he watched in silence, his eyes tracking to all the houses of his kingdom that were beyond the walls of his palace.

 the walls he so wished to break out of.

but couldnt, of course.

this was how the young prince spent most of his days. staying out of his balcony, which was connected to his grand bed room. staring out at the world. wishing, hoping, praying that some day he could see.

as the boy was pouting out at the world, he heard a faint knock at his door. he flinched slightly, turning back to his room.

with a small frown, he walked back inside from his balcony and called out to the knock. "come in!" he spoke, standing straight.

"hello, prince taehyung."

taehyungs calm un-expressive face soon turned into a small smile as he saw one of his maids. "hello mina." he said making the woman smile.

"you know. i told you not to call me that.." taehyung said softly. he never liked when people greeted him with his 'rank'. it felt so dehumanizing.. in a way. 

mina smiled at the boy. "of course. sorry." she apologized. taehyung nodded slightly. "um.. do you need anything?" he asked, not exactly sure why she was here. she had already cleaned his room earlier today.

"oh. yes. his majesty has requested you for dinner." she said, seeing the instant frown form on taehyungs face. "really?" he asked. mina only nodded.

a small sigh left the princes' mouth. "alright. i'll be right down." he said. mina nodded, bowing to her prince before exiting the room.

when the boy heard the door click, his frown turned to a sad pout. sighing softly, he turned to his balcony, the grand glass doors still open. sighing silently, once more, he made his way over and closed them. 

giving one last lingering look to the bright outdoors.

taehyung looked in the mirror. making sure his hair was perfect. fixing his shirt, and put on his dinner coat. a concept the boy didnt understand, but he had to look his best. even for the simplest of things.

finally looking to his crown that was placed on a special pillow, right next to his mirror. he grabbed it and gently placed it on his head. making sure it was straight before making his way to the door.

and with one more sigh, he exited his room. walking all the way down to the dinning hall. smiling softly at the silent guards that walked just behind him the whole way.

when he arrived to the dinning hall. he was greeted by the sudden looks of his father, mother, and older brother. sitting at the long table. way too large for just four people.

the guards who walked him here, lifted his chair out for him to sit down. then silently made their way to the other guards. who, as well, stood silently and still as they waited for the 'family' dinner to finish.

"good evening taehyung." his mother said softly. he gave a short closed lip smile. "good evening." he said politely. he looked over to his brother, the male already smiling at him.