twenty nine : awake

no one pov

taehyung sat quietly in the garden. the silence around him felt oddly comforting.

though the silence didnt last long as he soon heard soft footsteps behind him.

"hello prince taehyung."

yeji greeted. a small curtsy given, lifting the sides of her fluffy, laced, light pink dress. taehyung nodded at her. "hello." he said softly, turning back to look at the pretty willow tree.

yeji then sat down next to the prince, right beside him on the bench. taehyung looked over to her shortly, but soon turned away.

"so, why weren't you at breakfast?" yeji then asked. "oh, i.. usually dont join breakfasts with everyone." he said slightly shy from the sudden question.

"oh." was all she responded with. "yeah.." taehyung said slowly, fixing his golden crown. noticing the tiara on yejis hair. it was silver with small diamonds. it sparkled prettily in the sun light.

"will you be joining lunch then?' she asked. taehyung shook his head again. "no.." he replied softly. he had to wait for jungkook to go on his break during lunch so he could finally see the boy.

last night he couldnt. and the prince really needed the older to comfort him after everything that happened the day before.

"i see.." yeji muttered. taehyung nodded, not really enjoying a conversation about his family.

"w-was your rest last night?" taehyung asked, trying to change the topic. "oh.. it was good. though, there are a lot of stairs in your castle. so i had to walk a lot to get the my room." yeji said, giggling softly.

taehyung nodded, he did agree with the castle having too many stairs. he still wished there was some invention to make that a lot easier.

as the minutes went on, the two stayed silent. yeji looked around the garden. it looked the same as it did yesterday when she arrived. but she guessed the prince really enjoyed the garden.

"so.. you really like the garden?" she asked curiously. taehyung nodded. "its my favorite place in the palace.." he mumbled. yeji nodded back. "..is there a specific reason for that?" she asked.

"..no.." taehyung said, with slight hesitation. he could exactly tell the girl it was because it makes him feel the closest to the outside world. or that it was his special place with jungkook.

"hmm.. well its very pretty.." she said softly, looking at the flowers. noticing a small butterfly land on a rose petal.

"it is.." taehyung said. his mind running, counting down the seconds. he didnt want to be mean, but he hoped the princess would leave soon. and jungkook would arrive.

but to his dismay. it seemed the princess had nothing better to do but to give taehyung company.

so she stayed by his side. trying to start friendly conversation with the prince.

-

the two were in another silence when it finally broke. not because one of them spoke up. but because they heard faint footsteps on the path behind them.

both turning around curious. taehyung wanted to gasp, but held it in. his eyes immediately lighting up at the sight of the ravenette.

"your highnesses.." jungkook greeted, quickly bowing as his heart rate increased. he didnt expect to see princess yeji there. but now he was to think on his feet. if he didnt want to get caught.