twenty two : secrets

no one pov

as jimin heard the door close from the guard exiting the bedroom, he was already making his way to taehyungs bed. sitting down next to the boy, who was quick to rest his head on the olders shoulder.

jimin sighed softly, staying silent as he listened to taehyungs soft sniffles.

"i-im sorry." jimin soon mumbled, hanging his head. he felt horrible for bringing up the subject of going out with taehyung around. he was just excited to go outside of the castle..

taehyungs sniffles stopped momentarily at jimins words, looking at his brother. "y-you dont need to be sorry jiminie.. its not your fault." he said softly, wiping his dry eyes.

jimin sighed softly. "i-i know.. but-" jimin tried, but taehyung cut him off. "please. really, its ok.. i shouldnt have spoke up. i-its not like i should have expecting a different answer.." he mumbled softly at the end.

jimin frowned at taehyungs words, ruffling his pretty dark brown hair a little. though didnt respond. his mind drifting to the guard that was previously in taehyungs room.

"that guard from earlier.." jimin said drifting off. unable to notice taehyungs eyes widening at the sudden sentence.

"w-what about him?" taehung asked, trying to not give himself away. "he's one of the new guards i think." jimin said. taehyung nodded shortly. "he is?" taehyung asked, playing himself off as unaware.

"yes. i think so. im pretty sure i saw him when they were giving the castle tour to the new guards." jimin said. "a-ahh.." taehyung commented softly. not sure what to say, as he didnt want to give away information.

though, he couldnt help but feel a little bad for lying to his dear brother. he knew if there was anyone who would support him it would be jimin. but still, his constant fear of being hated for something he couldnt control was always somewhere in his mind.

and the fact that jungkook could get in deep trouble, or worse if they were to ever come out.

but then again... what were they in the first place?

-

the two fell into another silence, until jimin heard a small yawn from taehyung.

"you should rest." the older said. taehyung frowned. "but its not even lunch." he stated. jimin chuckled. "you should still get some extra rest." he smiled standing up, leaving taehyung seated on his bed.

"hmm.. fine. i'll stay here.. maybe take a bath." he said to himself. jimin chuckled at his brothers pondering. "sounds good. i'll tell mina to not disturb you for the time being." jimin said walking to the door.

taehyung hummed with a nod. "ok.. thanks jimin." he smiled. jimin nodded back, opening the door. "see you later taetae." jimin waved, getting one in return from taehyung.

jimin smiled softly at the younger, closing the door.

once the door was shut closed, jimin released a soft sigh. fixing his crown momentarily before walking off to his own room.

-

jimin found himself sitting on his won grand bed, with just as many fluffy pillows as taehyungs. their rooms were relatively similar, but their were many differences too.

jimins room was much more decorated, in a way. taehyungs room was simple, well as simple as a princes room could be. having less furniture and more open space. he said that all the open space made him more comfortable.