forty two : finally

(warning: this bouta get real dramatic)

no one pov

"taehyung!"

taehyung quickly pulled away as he heard the shrill cry from his dear brother.

confused, taehyung turned away from jungkook, unable to react as he saw a guard approaching him quickly.

though, thanks to jungkook. the prince was able to duck as the ravenette stood infront of him. shielding him from the approaching guard, which he didnt recognize.

but before either of the guards could speak up, yejis mother spoke up. "halt!" she yelled from her throne, standing up from her seat.

everyones attention was turned to the confused queen of cyren. the guard who had approached taehyung backed off. and taehyung came out from behind jungkook.

"yeji? taehyung? whats going on?"

she asked, looking to her daughter who finally came out from where she 'hid'. now standing firmly next to taehyung.

the princess glanced at taehyung, who glanced back at her.

with out a word, taehyung looked back to his parents. his previous scared face had vanished, now replaced with a determined emotionless one.

out of the corner of his eye, he could see the silently crying jimin. which only made him more determined.

staring at his parents, who stared back. the people still surrounding him looking confused and shocked.

slowly, taehyung reached his hands above his head. grabbing onto the sides of his crown. taking it off of his head. before he dropped it on the ground. the golden crown clicking on the tile floor as it fell.

more gasps were heard as everyone stared at the gold crown that now laid at taehyung feet.

"i dont want to be king."

taehyung said. his voice surprisingly sharp and clear. not shaky or scared as it previously had been.

taehyungs father looked at him. taehyung could see it in his eyes. it wasnt emotionless and dull as before. 

taehyungs father looked at him with pure hatred.

and taehyung could see it. everyone could.

but before his father could say one word, taehyung turned away from him. looking around to all the people who stood still staring at him.

he could see each persons emotions. most confused. some lost. a few already disgusted. some with glossy eyes. others with open mouths.

but taehyung ignored all of them. his hand reaching to jungkooks which was beside him. their fingers interlocking tightly.

"everyone! i-i would like to say something." he said. almost loosing his strong outer aura.

"i am a homosexual."

he said, loud and clear. again, the seemingly always shocked people gasped, again. but taehyung didnt mind that and continued speaking.

"and i know you all probably hate me. or think im disgusting. you can see me how ever you like. b-because im not going to hide behind a perfect mask anymore."