twenty three : stars

no one pov

"hi princess.."

jungkook mumbled softly as taehyung wrapped his arms around the olders neck. taehyung felt his cheeks up, even if he had heard the nickname before. it made him feel funny and tingly inside.

"hi.." taehyung mumbled back, before pulling apart from jungkook. leading the ravenette to sit under the willow tree.

it was now night time. and after taking jimins offer for resting, taehyung had slept and read the rest of the afternoon, so he wasnt tired tonight.

of course he still had to eat dinner with his family. though, not a lot changed just because of the incident that had occurred today. taehyung just remembered to stay quiet and not speak unless he had too.

but jungkook had worried about taehyung all day. so thankful he was able to see the boy tonight. feeling that their quick meet eariler wasnt enough to comfort the prince.

-

"... are you ok?" jungkook soon asked after sitting beneath the tree, looking over to his side. seeing taehyung looking up at the stars.

"yeah.." taehyung mumbled, still watching the stars. jungkook didnt want to take it as an answer, still worried for the boy that seemed to act like nothing had happened. those very actions making him worry more, not liking how lightly taehyung took it.

"if you say so.." jungkook whispered softly, resting his head on taes shoulder. "just... please tell me if you dont feel ok.. please." jungkook then added. hearing a soft hum from the younger.

moving his head to the side, still rested on taes shoulder. jungkook looked up at the stars, where taehyungs eyes were still glued.

"the stars are pretty.." taehyung commented softly. jungkook hummed. "you're prettier." jungkook said with out thinking. causing taehyung to blush madly with in seconds. but stayed quiet about it, not wanting to ruin the soft moment.

-

as the two looked at the stars, jungkook felt his mind drifting back to his home in the village. his life had really changed with a snap of a finger, and his whole world was flipped upside down after coming to the castle. it was so different than his old life.

and it seemed taehyung was also thinking about the village, because he soon spoke up. his heart feeling happy as he felt the warmth from jungkook as he rested against him.

"do you miss you're mother?"

taehyung asked. jungkook hummed softly, of course he did. "yeah.. i do." he said. taehyung nodded softly. feeling bad for the older who couldnt see his family.

looking at the stars, jungkook remembered the old times, when he was younger. seeing the twinkling constellations, it made the ravenette smile softly.

"i used to watch the stars with mother when i was younger.." jungkook commented. taehyung looked at the older, who finally got off his shoulder. "really?" he asked, jungkook nodded.

"yeah.. we used to try and count as many as we could- which im pretty sure we always failed to do." jungkook said chuckling. taehyung smiled at his words, it sounded like a good family memory.. 

he wished he could have fun family memories like that...

"i've always really liked the stars..." jungkook said, his eyes lingering on the shiny dots in the sky again.