nine : midnight swimming

no one pov

jungkook was waiting at the bench as usual. his head cast down as he stared at his feet, just visible under the moon light.

he waited for taehyung in silence. the same feeling of anxiousness building in his chest as it did every night, wondering if taehyung would show up or not.

but soon, the ravenette felt a soft tap on his shoulder. and right after, a soft giggle.

quickly, jungkook looked up to see taehyung smiling softly. jungkook instantly relaxed, standing up to greet the younger.

"hey." jungkook said softly. taehyung smiled again softly. "hi.." he let out in a whisper. blushing as he still wasnt over their conversation from last night.

jungkook felt a small chuckle escape his mouth at taehyungs soft voice. "shall we go?" jungkook asked. taehyung nodded, following the older as they walked through the silent town.

"i remembered to bring a pocket watch today. so i actually know what time it is." taehyung said suddenly. jungkook hummed softly. "well.. thats good." he said softly, leading taehyung through the twists of the road.

taehyung then grew quiet. smiling softly as he glanced at jungkook. his eyes focused on the road ahead of them. meaning taehyung got a perfect view of his side profile. 

feeling his cheeks heat up just a bit at the sight, quickly looking down to avoid being caught. 

-

"its so pretty here.. even if i'v seen it a few times already."

taehyung said, looking at the pretty pond. jungkook nodded in agreement. the two walking closer to the water, until they stood at the edge. where the grass met the small pebbles of the waters edge.

"so.. are you still up for swimming?" jungkook asked. taehyung looked over at the ravenette quickly. "o-oh.." he said softly, he had almost forgotten about that.

taehyung looked down at the crystal clear water, reflecting an image of the night sky almost perfectly. "um.. i dont really have anything to wear though.." taehyung pointed out softly.

he had tried so hard to remember his pocket watch that he forgot to bring swim wear, or extra clothes. though, he wasnt sure how he would have even brought them.. maybe a bag?

"oh.. thats ok." jungkook said, snapping taehyung out of his thoughts. looking up to the older again. a soft confused expression on his placed.

jungkook seemed to notice his confusion and laughed softly. "do you want to swim or not?" he asked. taehyungs cheeks dusted a slight pink but he nodded softly. "i would like to.." he said, still confused.

jungkook only smiled, kicking off his shoes and stepping into the water, until it went up to his calves. 

taehyung stood in his spot confused, as jungkook turned back to him smiling softly. "are you coming in?" he asked, teasing softly. taehyung blinked. "but.. what do i..?" he asked, drifting off.

taehyung stayed silent and confused as jungkook only chuckled at him.

until a soft gasp left the young princes mouth as jungkook stripped his shirt, tossing it to the prince, who scrambled to catch it.