twenty one : blue side

(slight warning: minor parent abuse. sowwy🥺  )

jungkook pov

so, its finally my first day guarding in the castle. for the first few days, the new guards are being paired with our roommates and follow them on their routines. 

well.. atleast that was the plan.

~earlier that morning~

"jeon jungkook." namjoon said. the younger teen bowed to his leader. "yes sir?" he asked politely.

"so.. change of plans for your first day." namjoon said, causing confusion to rise in both his and hoseoks face, the brunette sitting right next to him.

"..what does that mean?" jungkook then asked. namjoon sighed internally. 

"one of our guards has fallen ill, so i need you to fill his spot."

jungkook blinked at his words, his eyes growing wide. "what? why me? .. i dont exactly have that experience." he said. namjoon nodded, listening to the obvious points jungkook was giving.

"yes. i know. but we dont have anyone else, because everyone already has their own posts. and since you would just be fallowing jung hoseok all day, and you were the winner of the tournament, i thought you would be the best fill in." namjoon said.

jungkook blinked again, shocked. "o-oh.. i see." he said quietly. namjoon sighed, knowing the ravenette was still all new to this. "look kid. i need you right now. im not sue what else to do. besides, its a relatively easy job." namjoon said, practically pleading.

jungkook nodded slowly. "what is it?" he asked. 

"you have to watch the halls of the third floor, and the dining hall during meals." namjoon said.

"you can handle that right?" the leader asked. jungkook nodded, though nervous inside. "yes sir, i think so." he replied. namjoon sighed thankfully. "thanks. finish your food and follow lee minhyuk. he can help you some."

jungkook nodded again as namjoon started walking off. as he turned away he let out a big sigh, jolting forward as hoseok slapped his back.

"look at you kid. already guarding the dinning hall. be careful, its very loud and crazy in there." the older chuckled. jungkook looked at him.

"it is?" he asked curiously. hoseok look away from him, starting to eat his breakfast again. chuckling softly. "you'll see.." was all he said.

~back to reality~

no. its definitely not. hobi hyung was lying.

its so fucking quiet in here.

currently, its lunch time. the whole morning i was guarding the halls with minhyuk hyung. hes actually pretty nice. he told me all the rules of guarding the dinning room.

basically i have to stand still and silent. just watching and being alert as the royal family dines.

sir namjoon said this was gonna be easy.

he also lied.

this is one of the hardest jobs i'v done in my life.

i cant even move my hand to fix his hair. and its now all in my eyes, making it hard to see. 

and on top of that, all the food the royals are eating right now is ridiculous. there were sandwiches stacked high, veggies, deserts, meats, wine. what do they do with all this wasted food?