three : escape

no one pov

after his day in the garden, taehyung went back to his room to think. alot.

as he sat on his bed, his mind was running and body practically shaking. he couldnt believe he was actually going to go through with this.

he had never tried to do something like this before. against the rules of his father..

frankly.. he was terrified.

but then he would look back to the city in the distance and his heart would ache from how much he wanted to see it. the last time he saw the city was months ago when his father made the announcement for the new fountain.

and all he could see of the town was what was in his sight range, as he stood silent and still, listening to his fathers announcement speech.

sighing softly, taehyung got up and opened his glass doors. he looked down to the court yard and smiled softly as he saw the guards doing their training. 

he thought they were so cool and strong. always practicing and protecting the castle. but he couldnt help but feel bad. knowing they rarely, or ever saw their families.

taehyungs eyes again traveled to the city. watching it with lingering eyes. he just wanted to see it. just once. thats all. he would see it once. and never go out again.

that sounds like a good plan...

as always, taehyung heard a knock at his door. and from the setting sun in the sky, taehyung knew it was time for dinner. and he promised himself he would hold his tongue tonight, so he didnt get in more trouble.

-

"good evening.." taehyung greeted his parents and brother, sitting in his chair, which was pushed in for him after.

"good evening taehyung." his mother said, before they started eating. a few sentences of small talk here and there. mostly quiet as family dinners usually were.

"did you see the new flowers i put in the garden, taehyung?" the queen asked. taehyung looked at her, knowing very well she ordered the gardeners to put in the flowers, not her.

but none the less he nodded. "yes. they're very nice." he said softly. the queen nodded, going back to her food. not giving taehyung any more acknowledgment. the young prince also stayed silent, trying his best not to talk out of line.

once dinner was finished, taehyung looked at his father. "may i please be excused to my room?" he asked softly. the king looked at him. "go." was all the king said, watching taehyung get up and bow slightly.

"thankyou sir." taehyung said quickly before walking off. 

when taehyung got to his room, he closed the door in a slight hurry and let out a big breath of air. his eyes wide. almost in shock that he didnt get himself in trouble for once.

he looked out of his glass doors, the moon high in the sky. not a cloud in sight. he smiled ever so softly as his heart raced.

it felt exhilarating that he would break the rules for once.

taehyung knew no one would come in his room for the rest of the night. jimin usually only stopped by if he knew taehyung was feeling down. so that was crossed off on the list of things to worry about.