thirty one : just "friends"

no one pov

yeji sighed softly, her hand moving to her lips every minute or so to take a bite of the vanilla scone she was given in the morning.

she stood on the balcony of her room, looking out at the pretty kingdom she would soon, apparently, rule.

she would rather be sitting down, or better yet, laying down in the fluffy bed she was given for her stay. but her overly poofy, light purple dress restricted her from doing so. instead she gazed upon the outside world.

this kingdom was very different from her own. not in the sense that the customs or what ever, those seemed to be pretty much the same. as most kingdoms, or dynasties. but it just seemed.. strange.

i guess the most obvious reason it was different was the landscape. there were many mountains in the distance of this kingdom, and tons of forests. the said forests making a sort of area between the castle and the city.

yejis kingdom was filled with meadows and long rolling hills. not many mountains or forests. it was lots of plains and flower fields. beautiful none the less. but it was a difference and smell the fresh forest air.

but that wasnt really the part that seemed the most "off" about this kingdom.

everything was very perfect? in a way. dinners were practically silent. the castle was usually quiet through out the whole day. yeji wasnt really sure what it was, but everything just seemed a little different.

was it a good different, or a bad different? yeji wasnt entirely sure..

even the prince. the one she was supposed to marry. and spend the rest of her life with.

he didnt even barely pay attention to her.

when yeji was younger, she had dreamed of her future. if she would rule and become queen like her mother. of course, no one dreams of getting forced into an arranged marriage for the benefit of another kingdom.. but she still dreamt of her future husband in the weeks leading up to her arrival.

would he be nice? or rude? would he be caring? or would he barely show emotion? would he easily sway into the marriage? or would he throw a fit and disclose himself off from everyone?

yeji had thought about this all alot. though, none of her imaginations had thought of someone like taehyung.

from what the princess could tell. he was indeed caring, and she assumed he was nice too, as he hadnt said anything mean yet. but he was also very closed off, and didnt seem to want anything to do with her. which, in a way, is understandable.

but, the girl hadnt even seen him smile. or did he just never smile in general? 

when ever they had "hung out", it was really just her asking simple questions to which he would respond. and maybe ask a few back. they didnt have any deep conversations, or even something half that.

because.. well, they were basically strangers.

if yeji was being completely honest. if she could, she would deny the wedding and run back to her own kingdom. she missed her kingdom.

she missed her father, and her mother. she missed her cooks' yummy cookies. not that the chef here was bad, infact his food was amazing. it just.. wasnt the same.

she missed her small little kitten that she got for her birthday last year. she missed her own bed. and her art wall, that she painted on in her free time.