thirty : quiet changes

no one pov

the royal family, along with princess yeji, sat themselves silently at the dinning table. their fancy silver wear clanking against the silver plates, as they cut their food.

yeji felt a little off put at how quiet it was. it felt so dull and boring. at her own palace. her little brother was always causing some kind of ruckus, or making slightly offensive "sassy" remarks. or he was falling dramatically on the ground for having told to eat all his veggies.

but this... this was just so quiet.

the princess glanced at taehyung. the younger boy was sat with his head down, quietly eating his food. yeji frowned internally, but stayed silent until the queen spoke up.

"so, yeji. how do you enjoy the castle so far?" she asked, with a kind voice. "its very beautiful your majesty." yeji replied smiling. the queen nodded. "thats good to hear. and your room, is it alright?" the queen then asked.

yeji nodded. "yes. its very lovely. and such a pretty view of your kingdom." she replied with a small smile. the queen nodded again. "thats good to hear." she commented, not wanting her guest to be uncomfortable.

as the occasional small talk continued. jimin rubbed his eyes with his hand. he sat on taehyungs left side. yeji was on his right. from his position, he could easily tell that his little brother was trying to be as far away from her as possible.

jimin felt bad for the both of them. taehyung didnt deserve to be put through all this, at his age. and princess yeji didnt have a say in anything. she was just doing as told. 

"may i please be excused?"

taehyung asked after a while, when he finished. looking at his father with his precious bambi eyes. his father looked back, glancing at yeji who had also finished.

"walk princess yeji to her room first." he said. yeji looked up at the call of her name, looking to taehyung who nodded silently.

"yes father.." he trailed off, getting up from his seat. yeji blinked, but also got up, with help of a servant.

walking after taehyung, casually hooking their arms. causing taehyung to flinch slightly. but again, said nothing as they walked out of the dinning hall.

silently, the two walked up the floors and down the many halls. yeji kept glancing at taehyung, who kept his head slightly down. not really caring, mindlessly walking the girl to her room.

yeji, again frowned slightly. she hadnt seen the young prince smile all but once. when that guard came to escort him to his room.

she got the feeling, the boy either never showed emotion.. or really didnt have anything to smile about..

-

"here we are." yeji said as they stopped at a door. taehyung quickly took his arm out from yejis hold. though the princess didnt mind.

"i'll see you tomorrow then?" she asked. taehyung nodded. "yeah.." he mumbled, turning away.

"g-goodnight." she said hurried as the prince walked away. at the soft sound of her voice, taehyung stopped his steps turning back around.

"good night." he said. his soft voice sweet like honey. yeji couldnt help but smile at the simple bid goodbye. watching for a second more as he walked away before slipping behind her bedroom door.