twenty four : mirrors and chocolate

no one pov

it had been a little over a week since the twos' meet under the stars. and they tried to see eachother as much as possible, but it wasnt always easy.

as jungkook was now guarding parts of the castle, usually getting moved positions between the week. there was the occasion that taehyung would see the older while walking through the castle.

but even with clashing schedules, they tried to see eachother at every break they had. or sometimes sneaking out at night. though, they didnt want to do that too often, as the risk factor was way higher.

-

"hi!" taehyung said happily, jumping slightly as he wrapped his arms around jungkooks neck. 

the older oy smiled, hugging taehyung by his waist, keeping him stable. "hey princess.." he mumbled into the princes' ear making him feel tingles over his body.

"hmm.." was all taehyung responded with, feeling suddenly shy by the sudden pet name. soon, taehyung got out of the olders hold. giving a small boxy smile.

"so, thanks to my roommate i dont technically have to be at any post for the time being.. so~ what do you want to do?" jungkook asked. thankful hoseok filled in for him as he was basically free.

the reason the brunette did such a thing was unclear to jungkook. but seeing how the older pitied him for working as a guard at such a young age, he guessed hoseok wanted him to have the day off instead.

"really?" taehyung asked shocked. jungkook nodded. "yep." he replied seeing taehyungs smile only grow. though the then hummed silently to himself trying to think of what they should do.

jungkook assumed they would just spend more time in the garden, as thats really all they could do. but taehyung seemed to think a much crazier plan than that.

"oh! i know." taehyung smiled. "what?" jungkook asked, smiling softly at the boy he seemed to be totally infatuated with. 

"we can hang out in my room!"

jungkook blinked suddenly at taehyungs request. "huh?" he asked confused. taehyung only nodded, proud of his idea.

"yeah. you can just pretend to walk me to my room and then sneak in. no one will suspect a thing." taehyung said. jungkook hummed, clearly thinking more deeply about taehyungs plan than the boy himself seemed to do.

"i mean.. i guess so.." jungkook said. he did want to see taehyungs room. sure, he was in there that one time. but due to the circumstances he hadnt barely even got a glimpse of it because he was focused on taehyungs tears.

"really? yey! then lets go." taehyung said walking ahead of the guard. his hand silently slipping into jungkooks larger one for the time being.

jungkook felt himself being pulled slightly by taehyungs hand. his eyes traveling down to their connected hands, a small blush rising to his cheeks. 

taehyung had been getting a little more confident with this whole "more than friends" thing. not that jungkook minded. he liked when taehyung showed his real feelings to him.

even though both boys loved the feeling of their hands intertwined together, they had to break apart as they exited the garden. jungkook pretending to grow serious as he stayed slightly behind the younger, trying his best not to smile as he acted as if he was guarding the prince.