twenty : smile

no one pov

jungkook wasnt even going to lie, he felt slightly drained from not being able to see taehyung that night.

he already missed the younger. eating his simple breakfast, already in uniform, he couldnt stop thinking about the boy.

"alright, everybody breakfast is almost over. get to your posts. the newbies, today you all start in the palace. so, i'll be giving you a tour." 

namjoon spoke. they all nodded, responding with "yes sir". jungkook, even though upset of his lack of meeting with the prince, was happy to see inside the castle. he couldnt even imagine what it would look like.

so, quickly, he finished his food and lined up with the other 4 new guards and started following their leader up the stairs to the first floor, instead of out of the door leading outside.

-

"so, today we will take a tour of the castle to get everyone familiar with everything. this isnt a sight seeing so dont drag along. remember your rules." namjoon said, his powerful voice strict as usual.

they all nodded, busy looking around at the pretty details around them. 

the shiny tiled floors. the detailed painting on the ceiling. every neatly hung curtain over the huge glass windows. every single piece of furniture dusted with out any sign of disturbance.

jungkook was in pure awe. and it was only not even 5 minutes into this tour. continuously looking around him. trying to take in every detail of the castle.

it was truly remarkable how amazing it was. it was so perfect and pretty. honestly, the ravenette had never seen anything like it.

following at the end of the line, he walked just behind everyone. his boots hitting against the stairs, fallowing up the tall staircase. the hand rail just as clean as the polished steps.

jungkook looked at the wall next to the stairs. seeing all the paintings of what he guessed were the previous rulers before his time. 

it seemed they were moving up in the family tree as the stairs continued, because he could soon see the familiar king of the azures. the very one that probably sat in his throne room at this very moment.

after his king, jungkook saw the previous queen of the azures. jungkook frowned slightly at the pretty painting. it was no secret about what happened to the poor woman. i mean, everyone knew what had happened to the queen years ago.

when the prince of the azures was born, the kingdom was more thrilled than ever. not only because they now had a royal baby boy to celebrate to.

but also, as he was a male, the kingdom would get to keep their name atleast one more generation. as when he turned of age, he would be arranged to a princess and then what ever her kingdom was would be now 'under' the azures.

so, of course everyone was thrilled. and were for a two short years after his birth.

until of course, when the queen fell sick.

she had grown terribly ill after the second year of her sons birth. which, sadly ended with her death right before the princes third birthday.

not only was the kingdom, but the king aswell, horribly devastated. the very young prince still didnt quite understand at that age. but would soon grow and understand once he got older.