19.) Do you realize?

Cal

"Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation

"Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation."

- Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

"You're divergent."

A silence fell between Four and I as a chill ran up my spine. If he knows. Then that means the leaders know as well.

"What's that?" I questioned trying to convince him I wasn't. "You're a terrible liar, Cal." He pointed out as he placed the serum into the needle gun. "How can I be considered a liar if I don't know what divergent is?" I grilled, he shook his head and gestured to the chair. "See, every time you ask a question, underneath your  right eye, it twitches." He highlighted, I touched my eye bag and he gestured again to the chair.

"It was worth the shot." I muttered and walked over to the chair, I sit down and he faced me.

"We are going into the simulation together." He began to explain. "Wait, why are we doing this?" I asked him. "You're too good in the simulation, the leaders and your mother will notice that." He answered, I sighed and rubbed my face in frustration.

"For a moment there...I completely forgot about my mother." I said then moved my hands away. "And then Eric. You know he'll be the first in line to kill me." I brought up to him.

"That won't happen." He reassured me. "Yeah. How?" I asked him and he licked his lips. "You are the best transfer I've seen. You have a lot of fight in you to give up." He answered. "Besides, I won't let that happen." He added then moved my hair from my neck. "Ready?" He questioned for my consent, I take in a deep breath and nodded.

He placed a wire on my temple along with his and he injected the serum into my neck. He gently pushed me back on the chair to lay down and he then got his vial ready.

Four sat on my legs as he injected himself and leaned back into me.

My eyes begin to droop and I see the light become dark as my eyes closed.

Four and I wake up feeling the cool breeze hit our faces and we looked around seeing that we were on a skinny bridge. Way up between two buildings.

"Remember, you don't want to escape the simulation." Four notified me as we both stood up making sure to balance ourselves. "You need to conquer your fears! Not run away from them." He said over the wind, I looked ahead to the end of the bridge and I point to it.