7) A tattoo will help, right?

Cal

"There's sometimes a tugging feeling you get to push further when you aren't being challenged enough or when things get too comfortable

"There's sometimes a tugging feeling you get to push further when you aren't being challenged enough or when things get too comfortable."

- Criss Jami, Killosophy

Okay, I think I've been scrubbing 12 mats for about three hours now in my bra which was uncomfortable, but I still had another dozen mats left.

I stopped scrubbing to stretch my shoulders and I hear heavy footsteps coming from the dark in front of me. The only light I had was the one dangling above me.

I quickly get back to scrubbing to not get Eric pissed off.

Just keep staring at the mats, keep staring at the mats.

"Not done yet?" Four asked me and I looked up to see him come out the dark and into the light. "Not yet." I answered, he lets out a sigh and showed me a hoodie he had, so I looked up at him. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "It's cold, I can see you have goosebumps." He answered, I looked at my arms and see he was right, I had goosebumps.

"Put it on." He said, I set the brush down, wiped the sweat from my forehead and take the hoodie. "Thank you." I said, I put on the hoodie and zipped it up all the way. Four sits down in front of me and I picked up the brush.

"What Eric did was wrong." He said as I started to brush the mats.

"But you remained calm." He added and I bite the inside of my cheek. "He wanted to get a rise out of you, but you didn't let him get one." I looked at Four and saw that he was staring at me. "That's what the challenges are. They don't always have to be physical, they can be mental. There's mind games and you have to know how to play." He explained.

"Eric said that I'll get picked on the most because of my mother, because she's a leader of Erudite." I said dipping my brush into the soapy water and bring it back to the mat.

"Maybe they want you to be a leader like your mother." He said and I forced out a chuckle.

"I don't want to be like my mother, I-" I quickly cut myself as I brush because if I didn't I would've uttered those words that I only said in my head after my mother would hit me for not being good enough.

"You what?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Sorry, didn't mean to pry." He said, I let out a sigh finally finishing with the mat and tossing it to the clean pile, then picked up another mat, but Four pulled it away from me.