15.) A Trick?

Cal

"Human tragedies:We all want to be extraordinaryand we all just want to fit in

"Human tragedies:
We all want to be extraordinary
and we all just want to fit in.
Unfortunately, extraordinary people rarely fit in."

- Sebastyne Young

"My whole body was covered in these little insects. They were in my ears, in my throat, I couldn't breathe." Chris explained to us and I put my hands in the pockets of my hoodie. "I heard about this guy, like two years ago, got so panicked he had a heart attack in his chair, he almost died." Al spoke, we all stared at him.

"What?" Chris asked him.

"Yeah, so we got that to look forward to, right?" Al questioned and Will chuckled, I run my hand through my hair and inhaled. "You and Tris didn't seem to have any problems at all." Chris pointed out to us, Tris and I looked at each other, and I shook my head. "No, it was terrible. I hated it." "It was awful." Tris and I say at the same time. "Oh, come on. No one even came close to your time. You were amazing." Al said squeezing my shoulder and shaking it. "Under three minutes, that's gotta be a record." Will pointed out, I rolled my eyes and they laughed.

"Yeah, what's amazing is how she's gonna knock you right out of Dauntless." Peter said to Al and I looked up at the annoying fool. "She's not gonna knock me out of Dauntless." Al said annoyed as Peter takes a step towards me. "Look Cal is literally number 1, and Tris she's gone from being the worst to one of the best." Peter pointed out and I glanced at Al who actually looked worried. "Somebody's gotta take her place at the bottom. Who's it gonna be? You." Peter asked him.

"Do you ever just mind your own business Peter? It seems to me that you are obsessed." I asked him and he stared down at me. "I just want to know how you do it." He said and squats down to look up at me.

"What's your trick?" He asked glancing between Tris and I.

"I don't have one, although I do recommend minding your own business. Leave us alone." I answered, he chuckled and I stared at him. "Nobody gets through it that fast. Why don't you tell us how you do it?" He questioned, I ignored him and looked at Will who was already looking at me. "At least tell your friends." He said and walked away, I pulled my hoodie up and leaned my head on Tris.

"What's he talking about? Is there some way to make it easier?" Al asked, I glanced at him. "No." Tris answered. "There's nothing to make it easier. In fact, it's harder." I answered truthfully and closed my eyes.

~~~

Hallucination Sequence