28.) Infinite Love

Cal

"It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do

"It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do."

-Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility

"Blood poisoning?" Four questioned as I snapped back into reality. "What's going on?" I asked Four. "You were hallucinating for a moment, I think during the surgery, a piece of the bullet might still be lodged in there." Four answered, I let out a sigh then looked behind him to see a group of people begin to surround us.

"Factionless." Four muttered then helped me up, I held back a painful groan and swallowed it back down. "That was...That was quite an entrance." The Factionless man pointed out with his knife, immediately both Tris and Four stood in front of Caleb and I protectively.

"Listen, we don't any trouble." I said stepping between Tris and Four, but he grabbed my hand. "As soon as we make it to a safe place, we will leave without a fuss, but if you don't let us...There's going to be a problem." I said not wanting to threaten him. The man chuckled and shook his head at my comment. "Now, you might be wearing Amity colors, but you definitely talk and stand like a Dauntless." He indicated, I inhaled a calm breath and glanced at the rest of the group.

"We won't trouble you if we can have safe passage." I tried to bargain.

"Nah, now check it out. You damaged our cargo during your little entrance." He highlighted and pointed to the boxes around us, I took a step to stand in front of Four and let out a sigh.

"What are you going to do? Kill us?" I asked the man and he remained quiet. "If you do that, the blood on your hands will always remain there. And you're willing to kill us for trying to run, for trying to live just like you." I added, I didn't want to incite violence anymore, so I had to think before I hit. "You are no better than those factions trying to rid us. And maybe then, you just might belong to those factions." I said, the man stared at me along with his group and I fake chuckled.

"I'm not going to fight you. Any of you. The choice is up to you." I finished off.

"That's Jeanine's daughter." I hear someone say to him, the man laughed and put his hand over his mouth. "Your father was that big humanitarian." He said and I stayed quiet.

"And who are you guys?" The man questioned the rest of them and Four pulled me behind him. "Tobias Eaton." Four said his full name, his old name to be exact.

"Wait." The man said and chuckled while putting away his knife. "You're him?" He questioned. Four took a second to respond, but nodded.

"We've been looking for you." He said to Four, I saw how a little less tense he got which made me feel some sort of comfort. The group breaks away from us and Four stood near the door looking out, so I stood next to him and waited for him to speak first.