40.) familiar faces of the dead

Third POV

"Then came the healing time, hearts started to shine, soul felt so fine, oh what a freeing time it was

"Then came the healing time, hearts started to shine, soul felt so fine, oh what a freeing time it was."

- Aberjhani, Songs from the Black Skylark zPed Music Player

"How do we get through?" Chris asked the group as they walked up to the fence. "Can we jump through it?" Caleb questioned and Four pulled out a clip from his buckle then threw it against the wall. The clip immediately gets turned into ashes and it scattered to the wind, the group sighed in defeat and Four crossed his arms.

"All right, there has to be some sort of tower that gives this thing connection to whatever its connected to." Aaron pointed out as she looked around. "It might, but this technology might be too advanced for us." Tori added which made Aaron groan and Tris looked around for any weaknesses in the wall.

"You guys do know that if Eric and Calypso touch that wall, they would've been obliterated and we might be standing in their dust." Peter explained, Tris feeling fed up turned around and gave him a warning look. "What? I'm just being realistic." He said with a smirk and she shook her head.

"Peter, if it wasn't for Calypso, I would've killed you by now." Aaron said smacking the back of his head, he looked at her annoyed and Four sighed trying to come up with a plan.

"Cal!" Four called loudly which caught the group by surprise. "We are not a threat! I am looking for Calypso Matthews!" He added as he yelled to the wall. "Four has officially cracked." Peter muttered and they looked to the wall as if it would respond. "Come on, Four. We should look for a weak point." Tori said to him, Four stared at the wall and did not want to give up on hope. He felt as if he were on the edge.

"Four." Tori called him, he blinked and looked to the floor. "Screw this." Tris said then dropped the pack and ran towards the wall. "Tris!" "No!" They all protested to her and tried to grab her as she ran to the wall. Aaron attempted to stop her by throwing herself forward to tackle her, but missed by an inch and fell to the sand.

The grouped looked in shock as Tris disappeared into the wall and they looked at it confused as it glitched once more as she entered.

"It's...Is she alive?" Aaron questioned as both Chris and Four helped her up. "I don't know." Four answered honestly, then he stared at the shaky field, so he inhaled deeply then removed his pack from his back and walked forward. "Wait." Tori said to him, but he ignored her call and went in.

A harsh breeze nudged Four forward as he walked through the glitching wall and he felt his breath taken back. He is then pulled forward and he grunted as he landed on the cold hard ground, he sighed as he lifted himself up on fours and looked at the floor. It was the dark concrete ground that was wet and raindrops fell on his head and body.