5) Stunned

Calypso

"You will never know how much you can accomplish until you try

"You will never know how much you can accomplish until you try. Never stop trying. Your miracle will come in undefined moments."

- Lailah GiftyAkita

Suddenly, the net gets pulled down and I rolled to my side unwillingly, I get caught by my underarms and I am face to face with a young man.

"Looks like you enjoyed that landing." He pointed out as I sit on the net and he helped me get down, but he still kept staring at me. "I did..." I said to him. "What's your name?" He asked, I took in a breath. "You can pick a new one." He suggested.

A new name?

I rack my brain for a name and remembered what Will would call me when we were younger.

"Cal." I answered and he nodded.

"First jumper, Cal!" He announced. "Welcome to Dauntless." He said and a small smiled formed on my face, he walks away and a scream reels me back to actual reality.

~~~

"Dauntless-born, go with Lauren, transfers stay with me." The man who helped me ordered. "Go." He added and Aaron looked back at me, she smiled and gave me a wink. I smiled back and she walked away, I let out a sigh and looked back at the man.

"Most of the time I work in Intelligence, but during your training, I'll be your instructor." He explained and looked at us. "My name's Four." He introduced himself.

"Four like the number?" The girl from the train, Chris, asked. "Exactly like the number." Four answered confidently. "What happened, one through three were taken?" She joked, some snorted from the joke and others kept quiet. I remained quiet with Tris and Will, we knew better.

Four looked away annoyingly, but forced a smile.

"What's your name?" He asked her. "Christina." She answered and Four walked up to her, getting close enough to make her uncomfortable. "Well, Christina. The first lesson you learn from me if you wanna survive here, is keep your mouth shut." He said and she stayed quiet.

"Do you understand me?" He asked her, she glanced at her feet and took in a breath. "Yes." She said barely above a whisper. "Good." Four said and walked away from her. "Follow me." He ordered everyone.

We all did as we were told, so we start following him.

"He's scary." Will pointed out. "I mean, he has to be." I said and Tris nods. "It's Dauntless, they all have to be intimidating." Christina said, I looked around as we walked and I noticed how dark the place looked. It was all gloomy.