26.

The feel of lips resting against his shoulder, the same sound playing over and over again, and the tickle of nails gliding across his back pulled Sanchez from his sleep

      The feel of lips resting against his shoulder, the same sound playing over and over again, and the tickle of nails gliding across his back pulled Sanchez from his sleep. He kept his eyes closed but quickly realized he'd been asleep with Asha in a chokehold. It wasn't the first time and was a position he woke up in more times than none. However, her being awake before him was unusual. If she didn't have an alarm set to wake her up she woke up much later in the day. Five and six o'clock were his normal times.

I ain't going nowhere, that's my muthafuckin man! That's my muthafuckin man! The same sound played once more and he was certain she was on the clock app. It was her favorite app to be on as she laid in bed and even with the volume down she woke him up with it. He let out a small exhale then heard her phone lock followed by a kiss on the same shoulder she was held against. He loosened his hold on her and stretched his legs out, rolling onto his back.

"What time is it?" he rubbed over his eyes then turned to his window just to see darkness.

"It's almost 4am," Asha answered and scooted out the bed. He couldn't really see her but he definitely felt her weight leave.

"Damn," he reached beside his bed and turned his headboard lights on to cut out some darkness. There was no need for turning the big lights on so early in the morning.

He seen Asha push her feet in her slides then exit the room to the bathroom. He stretched his limbs out again, vibrating. Instantly he caught a mild cramp in his foot that made him suck in air and wiggle his toes to get it out. As an athlete he caught many cramps but that never stopped the sudden muscle spasm from hurting and catching him off guard.

After he got rid of the cramp he sat up, pushed his feet in his crocs, and walked out his room as well. The cold air forced his hands inside his shorts as he waited for Asha to come out the bathroom. She opened the door and flinched, not expecting him to have been standing there. He stepped inside and quickly pulled himself out to use the bathroom. He hadn't closed the door so he could hear Asha at the sink and mirror running water, most likely getting ready to brush her teeth.

He finished up and left out, pulling the door shut behind him. Like he predicted Asha was leaned against the wall brushing her teeth. He first washed his hands then went on to do the same thing. The both of them remained quiet even when they finished and started to wash their face. It wasn't until they went back in the room that their silence broke.

"How long you been up?" he got back under the cover and laid with his arms behind his head.

"Like forty minutes," she was sitting criss cross by his legs with her hands under her shirt. "I heard the fire truck and a bunch of police cars."

"Had to be something cause you don't ever wake up before me."

"Yeah, I was bored for like a good twenty minutes because I could barely reach my phone. You had a death grip on me," she put her arms in her shirt with a shudder.