31.

From the driver's seat of his car, he watched Asha stare out the window with her arms locked in between her thighs

        From the driver's seat of his car, he watched Asha stare out the window with her arms locked in between her thighs. She softly hummed the lyrics to the music he had playing and hadn't spoken a word since he picked her up. They were headed to another dinner at Ruben's before going on their date at the bowling alley but he could see she wasn't necessarily in the mood for either. Either that or she simply had nothing to say to him.

"You want me to take you back home? You don't seem like you want to be with me right now," he asked as they came up on a red light. If her answer was yes he could easily get in the turning lane to turn around.

"We're here already," she shrugged without turning from the window. They were a light and a turn away from Ruben's house but he had no problem taking her back home if she was going to avoid speaking to him.

Ever since she confronted him at the facility a week ago she was up and down. One day they were normal, the next day she was either acting like she was too busy for him or she'd sit around him in silence. He was trying not to complain about it because he felt like he was still on thin ice with her, but he was getting very annoyed by it. He'd rather her express whatever it was raiding her mind than for her to sit quietly and make him wonder.

He watched her act like the car next to them was the most interesting piece of machine she's seen in all her days. When he looked away he had to pull at his goatee to keep from making any noise that would set her off. He didn't need them going to his dad's in the midst of arguing. He also didn't want to be there like they were as happy as they were the last dinner she'd attended.

"Hi!" Kahdija squealed, opening her arms to hug Asha who smiled for the first time that night, "Ooh what is that perfume? You smell amazing."

"It's Woman Cherry from Zara. I'm in love with your hair right now. Is it a twist out?"

"Flexi rods, actually," they walked inside the house to continue their conversation.

Sanchez entered, mumbling his greeting to Kahdija as he shut and locked the door behind him. Tus was sure to greet him by lifting his paws up which made him scoop him up and cradle him against his face for a little love. Tus lowly purred with his face rubbing up against Sanchez's cheek. At least someone's showing me some love tonight, he thought to himself.

He walked by the talking women to the kitchen where he knew his dad was whipping up dinner. Since it wasn't father and son night he wasn't supposed to be in the kitchen helping, but he wasn't going to join the ladies. This gave him a chance to ask his dad what he could do to settle the air between him and Asha. He didn't like the up and down moods nor the fact when she was in a mood like today, she only responded to his sexual advances. Not much else.

"There's my boy!" Ruben grinned, giving his son a hug, "You need to get this head retwisted."

"I'm not getting them retwisted until media day."