34.

There was a slight sprinkle of rain as Asha sat underneath the umbrella of a restaurant awaiting Victoria's arrival

There was a slight sprinkle of rain as Asha sat underneath the umbrella of a restaurant awaiting Victoria's arrival. They were scheduled for lunch together and while she waited, she listened to the voicemail Blaze left on her phone a couple hours ago. Like she said she would, she notified him once she made it home but it was the last of anything from her. Mess wasn't her style and she didn't like the way he was able to argue and fight with his sister like that in public. It was a turn off though his sister started with him. He let her show Asha exactly how they got down.

"...I know you weren't expecting to see no shit like that but me and my sister gotta love, hate relationship. She wasn't even supposed to be there. Just give me a chance to explain myself, mamas. If you're down shoot me a question mark or some and I'll give you a time and place."

She pulled the phone down from her ear and locked it. Her right mind was telling her it was a disaster waiting to happen if she let it continue, but she loved giving people the benefit of the doubt. It was still a habit of hers she struggled to shake. Instead, she took a deep breath and unlocked her phone again to add him with all the others she'd recently dated— on her block list. Sadly enough that list had grown to be quite extensive. The dating life in Miami was trash and sometimes she simply wanted to call up her ex and get a little fix. But he wasn't too much better.

"Hey Bug!" Victoria beamed. "Guess who just got a thirty five hundred dollar bonus? This bitch right here!"

"Ahhh! Congratulations, Toria. Where's the waitress because now we're taking a quick shot. I don't care if we're going back to work in a hour."

"Whew, I've been waiting to let that excitement out since they told me– which was literally right before this break."

"I bet. You've been talking about all the work you've been putting in and obviously it wasn't going unnoticed."

"And once I clock out, I'm going to treat myself because bitch I've earned that shit. Zeek better not expect to see me when he gets home because I'll be out for a while." Asha laughed. "I'm so serious. I've booked my nail and feet appointment and a last minute hair appointment. 30 inch bussdown."

"Yeah! The energy is making me feel really good right now. I love this, but I do have to tell you about my date with Blaze."

"Blaze? Is he the one from Lauderdale?"

"Girl what? No. That was the one who sent me the voice note of him drunk and crying at 4 in the morning. Blaze is the lightskin with all the tattoos."

Victoria snapped her fingers, "With the double R, yeah okay."

"Yes. Why did him and his sister get into a fight. I mean she threw a shot glass and cut up his arm and everything."

"Whoa, whoa? On your date!?"

"His friends invited him to a tiki bar and he invited me. She wasn't there when we got there but when I came from the bathroom she was. She tried me by calling me Ashley but whatever. Not much was really said cause it escalated fast but my only assumption is that he either is or was messing with her best friend and she let her friend know what was up. Apparently the friend was on the way and he went slap off; all these shut the fuck ups, fuck your best friend, you and that hoe delusional. He even told his friends that his sister was fucking both of them."