19.

The alarm Asha set on her phone went off for the past three minutes as she tried to get herself fully moisturized

The alarm Asha set on her phone went off for the past three minutes as she tried to get herself fully moisturized. Today was Sydnie's 40th birthday gala and her and her grandparents were running behind. It was mostly Asha's fault because she struggled to perfect the hairstyle she wanted. But she settled on letting her flexi rod set flourish as it was.

She quickly rubbed her body butter in then unzipped her gold, satin floor length dress. She stepped into it and pulled it up her slender body until she had the straps on her shoulders. A small smile graced her face as she ran her hands along the fabric, loving the way it's slightly loose fit insinuated her wide hips. The low, square neck also had her boobs out but not in a manner that was inappropriate around family members. It was enough to say she was grown and sexy but classy enough to leave room for the imagination.

A pair of slip on heels were her choice for the night because shoes never lasted long during her mother's parties. She picked up her clutch for the night and the large gift bag holding her mother's gift. As soon as she exited the bedroom, her grandaddy clapped his hands and snatched his keys up. No one hated being late more than he did.

Grandma shook her head at the impatient man then clasped her hands together at Asha's appearance, "That gown is bad! You look good, baby! Got me wantin to go back to my twenties."

"Thank you, Grandma but you still look amazing. It's the Holmes bloodline." she referred to her grandmother's maiden name.

"You damn right." Grandma nodded. "Now come on before that man I call my husband go to blowin that horn."

The two women made their way out the door and climbed into Grandaddy's beloved Cadillac. As they rode from one side of the city to the other, Asha sat in the backseat recording videos of herself. She wasn't able to get any pictures while at the house, therefore, it was her mission to capture some at the venue. Especially with her mom because she already knew she looked fabulous.

When they arrived to the venue, Asha wasn't shocked to see the parking lot filled. Some had even parked in the surrounding grass to keep from having to park anywhere else and walk. Granddaddy instantly groaned, not wanting to park his car in the grass, but Asha quickly sat up to help him find a good parking spot. At least one had to be open and sure enough there was even though it was off to the back of the building.

"You need a peppermint?" Grandma asked Asha as they walked toward the entrance. Asha reached into the Altoid tin and popped the small mint in her mouth. Grandaddy did the same.

"I hope Mama got a good DJ this year. Last year's DJ wasn't it."

"I thought it was good." Grandma frowned.

"Yeah, cause he played a few oldie goldies for y'all but his playlist needed work. I want to dance and let loose tonight." Asha two stepped and snapped her fingers.

"Don't get yaself snatched up tonight, young lady." Grandaddy pointed. "I'd been done bust one of these young cats upside they head bout my baby."

"Don't stress yourself out, old man." Asha held the door open for them and walked in right behind them.