10.

A week and a half had gone by and the short Thanksgiving break was just a couple days away

       A week and a half had gone by and the short Thanksgiving break was just a couple days away. The last few games had gone good; the team was communicating, plays were being properly executed and sports critics were noticing the team's consistent improvement. The Bulls were back in conversation like they were back in the day and the boys were proud. Their coaches were proud. As a reward for their hard work and dedication, they had a short practice. It still consisted of pad work and drills but how long they were out there being cut short was more than appreciated. A majority of them stuck around to watch film or just hang out with their teammates before their classes began. But a few of them were desperate to climb back in their beds.

Sanchez was apart of the group that stuck around to hang out. He was slouched down on the couch — ass on the very edge with his legs swinging open and closed. It didn't look that comfortable but he felt great and was on the verge of falling asleep. The swinging of his legs was an attempt to keep himself awake but it was only rocking him right into a quick nap.

"What Coach say about you playing in this week's game? You're still suspended or what?" Dorian munched on a bag of trail mix.

"He hasn't said anything. I went by his office earlier but he was on a call. I shouldn't have gotten suspended in the first place but fuck it. As long as Brad is getting what he deserves I'm cool."

A few days after the incident, Bradley's abuse became public knowledge when Jema filed for a restraining order and wanted to press charges against him. It wasn't solely her decision. Her mom made a surprise visit and wasn't pleased in the slightest with the way her daughter's face was looking. She marched Jema down to the police station and the Dean's office for solutions and ways to make Bradley pay for his wrongdoing. Of course, Brad's father being the county sheriff, he made sure to put himself on the case and that caused Jema's mother to bring out the big guns. He thought he could play in her daughter's face because he "ran" the county meanwhile she had friends in higher positions than he could imagine. She was determined to get the results she wanted.

"I heard his mom was going after Jema hard, calling her all types of liars and sluts. I tried checking on her but she deactivated all her social media. Shit is crazy."

"Are we surprised? That man's mama will let him get away with murder if she could. His punk ass daddy too."

"I don't even know how they dated for so long when his family is known for their racism and abuse of power. He ain't never said nothing sideways but imagine dating in that family. Hell nah."

"That's why I stick with my kind. I refuse to be killed cause her daddy don't like my skin tone and think I'm tryna put a lil nigga in their bloodline."

"Type shit." he agreed. "I'm just happy her parents are playing just as dirty as them 'cause he was dead ass wrong. Did Zeek go home? He ain't come out here yet. What is he doing?"

"You know he went home or he back there sleep. He said he and Victoria went on a date last night so he went to bed a lil late."

"Aw, my boy might be cuffed up soon. Then it's just gonna be me and you, Chezzy boy. I mean if you don't leave me for Asha."