07.

No one was at the house aside for Asha as she got ready to go to the skating rink with Sanchez

No one was at the house aside for Asha as she got ready to go to the skating rink with Sanchez. It was currently seven o'clock and he'd already told her he'd be leaving in like ten minutes which was fifteen minutes ago. She was growing nervous with every minute that passed and she wasn't sure why. It'd been established that they were friends which meant this wasn't a date but it felt very similar. She just hoped she didn't come off as nervous when he arrived and kept it cool.

So the next time he hurts you again, you already know where you should've been and that's with me, Bow Wow played from her speakers. She was already dressed in a black cropped sweatshirt, black leggings and a pair of UNC Jordan 1s. There wasn't any reason for her to do a full face of makeup so she stuck with lashes and lip gloss. Her hair was in a fresh set of waist length feed-in braids done by herself so she was ready to go. But her nerves kept her busy.

"Girl, just pick a fragrance and keep it moving." she rolled her eyes at her overthinking and used both Thank U Next by Ariana Grande and Fancy Forever by Jessica Simpson.

"Asha you're still here?" Toria's voice startled Asha. She laughed at the look on Asha's face. "I thought you would've been gone by time I got back."

"No, I'm still here. Where did you go anyway? I was looking for
you to help me find something to wear."

"Just for a drive to clear my head. You look good though. Where are you going again?" she leaned against the doorframe.

"Skating with Sanchez."

"Oh, really? Is this a date? I thought you weren't dating until after graduation." she smirked.

"It's not a date. We're just hanging out and getting to know each other as friends. I'm keeping my word." the doorbell rang causing Asha to pick up her phone but she didn't have any new texts from Sanchez. "My stomach hurts."

"Asha quit the dramatics and go open the door. It's not a date remember?"

"Okay, okay" Asha stood up with a sigh. She picked up her personalized rollerskates and deeply exhaled. "Wish me luck."

"Good luck, boo."

Asha swung her purse over her shoulder and walked out of her room, closing the door behind herself. Victoria followed her to the top of the stairs while she peeked out of the peephole to make sure it was Sanchez. It was. She pulled the door open to him in a white tee and green shorts with his dreads pulled back into a ponytail under his green trucker hat. Just like the night of the homecoming party, he wore an intoxicating scent that immediately wafted across her nose.

He turned around from his wandering and gave her a smile, "You ready?"

"I am. You didn't have to come to the door and get me. A text would have sufficed."

"Nah, I rather walk you to and from the car. Wassup Victoria?" he looked past Asha.

"Have her back by a decent hour. Don't make me have to track y'all down." Victoria pointed.