Maybe

Chapter 1

Another year another high school. My family and I have never stayed in one place, they never tell me why but we are constantly moving away to new places. This is my 5th high school within 4 years. I am officially a senior and I cannot wait for school to be over.

I've never liked school. I've always kept to myself, I hated people. Not that some people aren't great...it's just— talking isn't really my thing. I'm awkward. I say things—random things and it gets embarrassing.

"Take your medication before you go to school Camille." My mom is my rock. She's the reason i've held on for so long. My fathers never around, he thinks he's present in our lives but he's never here. Hard to be a present father when you aren't actually present.

I have to take medication for my anxiety, I don't actually take them though, they don't work they just make me feel like i'm moving in slow motion.

"Camille...it's a new start baby, I have a good feeling about this town."

I laughed, "No offense Mom but you've said that about every town we've moved into."

"And this time I actually mean it. Go on to school."

"Fine, I love you Ma."

"I love you too sweetie now go."

For the first day I wore a tight red dress with a light denim jacket and white shoes. I let my natural hair hang down my back, my hair was light brown and wavy, it stopped at about my lower back.

It seems like too much to me too, but my mother insisted that I stand out...

I'm not skinny but I wouldn't call myself fat, I like to call myself "thick" makes me feel better. I have bigger thighs and wider hips, I used to be really insecure but after so long I just gave up and realized that this is who I am.

I pulled into the schools parking lot and sighed. Every school year has been the same. I walked into the school doors and into the secretary's office.

"Hello, I'm Camille Cano." The secretary looked up from her computer and smiled at me

"Hello, Welcome to Lakeside High. This is Beca Mashall, you both have most of the same classes so she can show you around."

Beca had long black hair and light blue eyes, she wore a tight blue t-shirt that was cropped slightly with black leggings,  and a knitted sweater over it.

"Beca , nice to meet you." She says with a smile. 

"Camille." I shook her hand. She seems sweet, I'm always really big on first impression.

"So we have most of the same classes and your locker is right next to mine, this paper has your combination, locker number, and class schedule on it. If you ever need help you can mostly find me just about anywhere"

"Beca is this the new girl" A girl, with dirty blonde hair that stopped at her shoulders, approached Beca. "I'm Anara, you're so pretty!"

I smile and thank her, "I'm Camille."

Anara looks over at Beca, "I think she will fit in with us perfectly."

Another girl with long, curly, strawberry blonde hair put her arm around Anara, "I've always wanted our trio to be a...quad?"

We all laugh, "I'm Ivy"

"Nice to meet you guys." I say with more enthusiasm as I intend. 

We begin our walk to English class when a group of boys came through the school doors. Everyone in the hallway moved against the walls and made sure they weren't in their way, like it is some sort of cringy Disney series reference.