Claim

Chapter 7 

After our talk in the car, we both got out. 

I'm not scared of him personally, that's not it. I am scared of what he may do one day in regards of my name. 

"Come on" He nods toward the water. We walked close by each other down the beach. 

I've always loved the ocean. I think it is beautiful but terrifying...a terrifyingly beautiful thing. My mom used to take us on vacations while dad worked. She always told me I must of been a mermaid in my past life. 

"What are you thinking" He asks as he glances over at me from the corner of his eye.

"Honestly?" I ask him. He nods. "I'm thinking about how fast you walk." He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. I thought for sure that would make him laugh. I find myself to be kind of hilarious and it hurts my feelings that he has not laughed or even smiled at one thing that I have said. "You're a weird kid, Cano." 

I shrug, "I might be, but I believe that you once stated that you hated me less then other people."

"I regret saying it." He says once he steps into the water. 

"Nope, you said it and I heard it. It's never going away. It's out there forever."

He rolls his eyes again before looking at me and smirking, "Dante what are you doing?" I ask frantically. He ignores my question, like I assumed he would. He grabbed my hand and walked deeper into the water before wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"Hold your breath." He states before going under the water. He makes sure I am holding on tight before he lets go of my arms and begins swimming. 

The water is clear here. It's beautiful. I smile as we pass a school of fish. I used to think of everyone in my past neighborhoods as a school of fish. I never knew or learned their names so they were just fish. My mom and I...we were fish too, except we were different fish. Fish that aren't like the others, that don't fit in. 

I don't think we're fish anymore. It doesn't matter what we are...I just know that this is where we belong. This is our group. I actually learned names here. 

We both come up from the water together, my body still laying across his back. I feel weird. I feel more at peace then I have ever felt before. His touch on my body, the hot sun rays on my skin, the water adding a cool touch. Everything. 

Dante swings me around his body by grabbing the bottom of my thighs and lifting them. He only lets me sit for one moment before placing me back into the water on my own two feet.

Is he taunting me? 

"Camille! Come here!" Aiden yells from half way across the beach. He has got a loud voice...I sigh and begin walking to shore, but not before pushing Dante with all my strength. Why? I don't know. Just felt like it. 

I began to run out of the water incase he was running behind me, but when I turned around he wasn't there anymore. Instead, he was right smack in front of me. "How did you do that?" I ask. I am out of shape, but in my defense running in water tends to take a lot of energy. 

He never responded to me, he just walked with me in silence back to the beach. 

When I reached Aiden, Dante walked away. I sit down at the picnic table that everyone surrounds. "Why is everyone staring at me...?" I ask Aiden. "How did you do it?" Ivy asks. I furrow my eyebrows. It has barley been my second month here and there's already a life ruining rumor. 

"Camille, you just swam in the ocean on Dante's back." Beca states, as if I wasn't there for my own moment. "Yeah?" I question. "Do you realize how big of a deal this is! He is showing feelings. Real, human feelings." Zach states as runs his hands through his hair. "This means he is a real person...I was always so scared he was going to turn out to be an alien and take me back to his planet, one day."