10k celebration

Bonus Chapter for 10k!

"Mom please!" I rubbed my head with my hand in frustration, Damien has been asking for all of us to go to the firework store for 2 weeks now.

All the holidays are hard, no matter how long he's been gone...

Damien is 8 years old now and is absolutely obsessed with the 4th of July.

"Camille, please let us go get fireworks!" I glared at Draven as he grabbed Damiens hands and swung them in the air. "Fine."

I sighed in defeat. It's amazing how we all find ways to fit in one car, not safe ways, but we do.

As we walked down the isles of the firework store I smiled sadly, I remember when Dante brought us here..

——————-

*Flashback*

"Get whatever you want and however many you want, the night doesn't end until the sun is up." Dante said as he looked at me through his sunglasses.

"Wait!" He stopped pushing the cart and looked at me concerned. I gave him a smile and stood on the end of the cart, not wanting to walk.

"Are you serious?" I nodded as I grabbed fireworks from the shelf and threw them in the cart.

"Camille!" I caught a firework box that was thrown in the air from the other isle, most likely by Chi. "Got it."

By the time we were done shopping we had gotten at least 2,000 dollars worth of fireworks.

"Axe, this year you're not allowed to shoot rockets at me... the police department said so." Zach said as he swung bags of fireworks on his arm.

"The police department can suck my-" I cut Axe off by ramming the cart into his ankles. "Oh! Okay!"

——————-

*Present*

"Mom! Look at how huge this firework is" I nodded in response, "It is really big, let's get it!" I smiled as he laughed and went to look for more big ones.

"How're you feeling?" Kace leaned on our second cart beside me. "I'm alright, just reminiscing."

"I think we all are, Dante went all out that year." I smiled in memory, "Do you ever think that maybe he knew his time was short here?"

Kace looked at me for a moment before nodding, "We all realize our time is short here, especially for what we do. I think he knew to spend every moment he had with you, like it was the last"

I did the same...because deep down I knew as well that one day he could leave the house and never walk through the front door again.

"He was serious about not stopping until sun was up too, we were all wasted and barely awake while he was lighting more." Axe added, I wasn't wasted, I was...tipsy.

—————

*Flashback*

"Can we all mutually agree that this is the best 4th we've ever had?" I nodded slowly and laughed at random thoughts that popped into my head.

Dante smiled down at me, knowing I was pretty much wasted. He said that it's entertaining to watch me when i'm drunk.

I laughed as Zach tried to run after he lit a firework, but fell before he made it. I followed the spark as it flew high into the air. I smiled brightly when it bursted into the shape of a heart.

"I almost died and all of you watched the heart in the sky!" We all silently stared at Zach as he yelled at us for "endangering his life"

"Watch out, baby." I got off of Dante's lap and watched as he pulled a certain firework from the pile. I tilted my head as he smiled at me.

After he lit it, he walked back over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I watched as the spark went into the air and gasped when it bursted into the words, "I love you"

"Awh, D I knew you loved me all along." Dante's smile dropped as Ryker wrapped his arms around him, "Get off of me."

——————

*Present*

I grabbed the heart shaped firework from the shelf and put it into the cart. "Damien will love this one."

Letta walked in front of the cart and stood on the end,"Damien loves anything that involves a slight amount of danger." I nodded in agreement.

He's just like his Dad, through and through. From the looks down to the personality. The personality Dante tried to hide from everyone.

"Alright I think we have enough!" We all laughed as we looked at our 2 carts full of them.

800 dollars later, we ate, and began to light them off.

"I bought this one for you Dame." I smiled down at him as he got excited to see what color it was going to be, he liked guessing them before they bursted.

Tears began to fill my eyes as I watched Damiens eyes light up with joy when he saw the heart burst into the air.

Days like these, I wish he were here to enjoy these little moments. I wish he were be able to be here to see his sons eyes light up at the same firework mine once did, years ago.

Everything I do is in memory of him, there's not a day that goes by when I don't miss him. At first it was hard...but I found some type of way to breathe without knowing he's here.

And that's gotta be my biggest accomplishment.

"Mom, this is the one I picked out!" He exclaimed as he rested his head on my side, I pulled him into a tight hug.

"I love you Damien"

"Love you mommy, look!" I laughed at how excited he got when back to back fireworks were lit off.

I let a tear slide down my cheek as I watched the sky light up. We didn't stop until the sun came up... just like he said all those years ago.

—————

Thank you all so much for 10k! I literally have no words to even express my gratitude and excitement. 😭 I love you all! Thank you for taking time to give Dalesio a chance! And Happy 4th from the Dalesio's, and I ;)

Update: A note from Cami. Tik tok listed as well :)

 Tik tok listed as well :)