Silence

Chapter 26

We were in the grocery store for less then 10 minutes before Axe and Zach got kicked out.

"Dante save us!"

"We have rights!"

"You threw a milk carton at his head sir...please wait in the parking lot until your ride is available." One of the workers explained as they were dragged from the store.

"It's like having children." I grabbed a cart and leaned against it like one of those middle aged mothers do, it's actually pretty comfortable. "Our kids won't be like them." Dante said as he walked beside me.

Our kids? He's thought about having kids with me?

He's thought about having kids with me...

"You're right, they won't."

He grabbed three boxes of fruit snacks and threw them in the cart, "They'll be like me."

"No. And why so many?"

"Unless you want to be woken up one morning by Zachs body hitting the wall after he ate all my fruits snacks, i'd leave them."

Over fruit snacks? I mean yeah they're good but not worth a broken rib good...

"Cam!" Chi threw a box over the isle next to us and I pushed the cart so the box could land in it. "Got it."

As we walked around I noticed a older couple arguing over which brand of milk they wanted. That would for sure be us.

I smiled to myself and continued walking, "Oh look dear! That's what we used to look like when I actually loved you." The older lady smiled at Dante and I, I gave her a small but unsure smile in return, before looking up at Dante who was already looking back at me.

"Darleen, if you hated me I doubt we'd a been married for 56 years."

"That's gonna be us D, soak it up." I laughed as Letta ran by the cart, dropping 5 new things in before running off again. "I already hate you."

"It's a sin to lie."

Should I get pizza rolls or bagel bites?

"I doubt god is focused on that sin."

It makes me sad to think about some of the things he's done, the name he's made for himself. But I also understand...he was raised to believe this was how it was meant to be, he's known nothing else.

I hope god can forgive him...

"Get out your head and grab the pizza rolls."

"How'd you kno-" He cut me off. I hate when he does that.

"You're predictable."

I am not predictable.

"Pick up your feet before you fall." I narrowed my eyes at the back of his head. I never fall...I trip.

————————

After 2, very long hours and a very long receipt, we were done shopping and all exhausted.

"Zach and Axe, since you got kicked out and didn't help shop...you get to put away the groceries." Chi said before she plopped down on the couch and signed into our Netflix account on the new TV.

I began to help Zach and Axe put away the groceries when I was pulled to the side.

"Cam you gotta second?" Ryker looked back at me with a blank face, "I do now."

Ryker and I have never really talked much, we just never had a full conversation. He's never normally around, he does his own thing away from the group most of the time.