Home

Chapter 13

When I woke up I was alone in bed, I heard the sound of the shower running though sending a small wash of relief over me.

I got up and changed into a nude colored tank top with brown sweatpants. I noticed how swollen my eyes were as I looked into the mirror, and sighed.

Gross.

Dante came from the bathroom in nothing but a towel with water dripping from his hair.

My eyes scanned over his revealed body.

Holy.

"Shit." My eyes widened when I realized I said that out loud, "I...I meant, I said that because I look like shit..." Great cover Camille. Great cover.

He raised his eyebrows in amusement at me stumbling over my words, "You look fine...and the bathroom is open."

"Oh...thanks uh, you look fine too."

Fine as hell.

I heard his chuckle as I closed the bathroom door. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut because I just embarrassed myself...

As always.

After I brushed my hair, teeth, and washed all the makeup from my face from the previous night I put all my things back in my suitcase.

I grabbed my suitcase and began walking towards the door was it was smacked from my hand. "What are you doing?"

"I'm carrying my suitcase?" I questioned as Dante stared to me annoyed. He wore a blue shirt that showed a decent amount of his muscles and tattoos with gray sweatpants.

I tilted my head back slightly as my eyes scanned over his body again.

"Staring" A smile broke across my face as he smirked at me. "Whatever let's go." I went to pick my suitcase up again but he smacked my hand away and picked it up for me.

"You know I can carry that" I mumbled as he walked out of the room, "Don't care, move your ass"

————————-

Before we left New York we ate breakfast.

"Guys...serious question here, okay? Be serious." Zach looked around at all of us before taking a breath, "How do they get peanuts to be peanut butter." We all silently stared at him before Axe broke the silence, "Anyway, Camille where do you plan on going for college?"

I thought for a moment, "I would love to go to college here, I truly do love this city."

"Um hello— don't ignore me!" I stared at Zach for a moment longer, "You know what Zach that is a really good question. Why don't you think about that, look it up when you get home, and let us know the answer another time!"

I looked over at Dante who was looking back at me with a weird look in his eyes. Actual emotion?

Weird.

Dante and I rode with Kace and Axe on the way back home, there was a lot of extra luggage in the car.

I eventually fell asleep and woke up leaning on Dante's shoulder, he had his arm wrapped around my body.

"We still have 3 more hours , love."

Whenever he calls me love I always got goosebumps. He eventually started to notice this and enjoyed the reaction I gave.

I ended up falling asleep for another hour before my mom called me

"Hey baby how close are you?"

"I'm not sure maybe about 2 hours, why is everything okay?"

"Oh yea, yea everything is fine"

I noticed a tone behind her voice I didn't recognize.

"Mom what's going on?"

She sighed a few times, sounding like she was trying to speak but didn't know how, "Your father is home."

"He's what...."

"He just wants to talk I guess? I don't know but he is your father Camille."

"He broke your heart mom! He's the reason we can't stay in one location for too long, I don't care if he's my father or not."

"Camille, what he did to me should not reflect onto how you feel about him. Yes, he is a self-centered bitch boy, but he's still the man who signed your birth certificate."

"Bitch boy, mom?"

"Watch your language, but yes a bitch boy."

"You watch yours! You're the one who still is in love with the man."

"Love is a complicated subject you have yet to understand, watch your words before you find yourself in a similar situation with Dante."

"Dante, is nothing like my father. He's crazier and a lot more scary, yes, but he wouldn't just leave."

Dante glanced over me, raising an eyebrow in question on why his name came up.

"You're right, but just try and be respectful when you see your dad...because then i'll be respectful but once you get disrespectful I don't know what to tell you cause then i'm gonna get disrespectful and he might cry."

"Oh my god mom, okay goodbye i'll be home soon".

I have never been my fathers biggest fan, my mom is right, he is a self-centered bitch boy, but he also did sign my birth certificate.

"Everything okay?" I didn't notice Dante was staring at me the entire time, "Yeah it's just that my dad is home from wherever it is that he was."

"You can call me whenever...you know if you want to leave there, i'll come get you."

I smiled, "Thank you Dalesio."

—————-

The next hour I sat on my phone texting on the group chat with all the girls.

Beca: I don't care what you say, Dante for sure hit that at some point this week.

Brea: Oh for sure, her butt already looks bigger tbh.

Chi: It really does Cami.

Me: My butt does not look bigger and he did not hit.

Letta: Why you always lying?

Anara: Mmm oh my god

Letta: Stop fucking lyinggg.

Me: Goodbye.

Ivy: Then how did your ass grow so much over a few days?

Chi: Ivy, it's cause he tapped that ass!

I laughed to myself as I set my phone on do not disturb.

My anxiety was really high thinking about seeing my father, he didn't help us move here, he just bought the house and made the appointment for the moving vans, then poof, he was gone again.

I don't want to see him.