Defeated

Chapter 31

It's been two days since Dante and I have really spoke, we've tried to stop arguing but it always ends in another argument.

He doesn't sleep, but when he does he sleeps in his office, whenever I sleep it's in the bed...on his side.

He doesn't come to dinner with everyone else anymore, he has Draven bring it to him.

I would give the world just for this fight to be over...but sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to.

I decided it's best if we give each other space, so I packed my bags to go see my mom for awhile.

"We're gonna miss you!" Letta and Chi pulled me into a tight hug, "I'll only be gone for a week."

"a week too long." Zach grabbed onto the bottom of my legs. "I'm gonna fall!"

"Good maybe then you'll break some bones and you won't be able to leave us!" I blinked slowly at Draven's comment.

Axe gave me a sad smile and grabbed my bag, "I'll walk you to the car." I nodded and looked at Dante's office door which has been closed for hours.

I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying and walked out the door.

Maybe forever isn't as long as we thought...

"Drive safe Cam." I nodded, "Take care of my Maxi while i'm gone, i'll murder everyone in that house if anything happens to him."

"Your threat was received." He patted the top of my car and slowly backed away.

I don't know, maybe a part of me wanted Dante to stop me from leaving, stop me from walking away from us. Maybe he knows we won't end up working out in the end.

I guess him and I were both wrong.

——————-

I stopped after 5 hours and decided to get food.

I miss my Maxi.

"Hey dear what can I get you?" The waitress looked at me with sad eyes, do I look that pathetic right now?

I looked down at my sweatpants, sweatshirt, fuzzy socks, and slides.

Whatever, it's a comfortable look.

"I'll have a coffee, cream and sugar, and waffles with bacon. Thank you." She looked as if she was battling a thought in her mind, "I'll have that right out."

After about 15 minutes my food was placed on the table. I watched as the waitress sat in front of me.

I'm still gonna eat...

"Where are you headed to?" I slightly narrowed my eyes while looking down at my food, this is definitely a set up, i'm gonna die.

"Home."

"How long have you been driving for?"

"Hours."

She sighed and moved her position, "Dear, I know how all of this is sounding but i'm only concerned. You have a broken look in your eyes, it's not safe to drive upset."

"All due respect..." I looked down at her name tag, "Brit, you don't really know me or what i'm going through. I just want to finish my waffles and drink my coffee and get home to my mom. I miss my dog. I miss my asshole of a fucking boyfriend and you're holding up my breakfast telling me it's not safe to drive like this...when i'm fine."

That seems convincing enough.

"Do you want to talk about it..." I laid my head in my hand and stabbed a section of my waffle. "No."